Fort Collins , CO 80525
Posted 3 days ago
At Madwire, we believe that small businesses are the lifeblood of our economy. We believe that by helping small businesses grow we can profoundly change the world.
The high powered, fast-moving Sales Consulting Team is vital to our mission because they are responsible for consulting with new clients and designing a solution to help them achieve their goals.
The sales team works directly with potential customers (business owners) to establish a proper marketing plan, comprehensive solution, and acceptable budget to fulfill a client's needs and goals based on the clients demographic, geographical targeting and budget.
As a member of the sales team, you play a major role in the success of our company and the future success of our customers. We are looking for passionate, driven and highly motivated people to join our team!
Our offices are located in Fort Collins, CO, and Austin, TX. This position can be in-office, remote* (in approved states), or a hybrid of the two.
Who You Are
- You are a motivated person who loves to control your own destiny and has experience in a front-line sales position.
- You are comfortable in a role strictly focused on sales, but are also passionate about helping small- and medium-sized businesses grow.
- You are optimistic, patient, and hard working. It certainly helps if you have the foresight to get you through grueling moments. The sales cycle can range anywhere from 7 days to 7 months per lead.
- You are a top performer with a proven track record.
- You have sales experience of 1 year or more at minimum
- You're personable and competitive, always willing to push your teammates to the next level as you guide business owners through their marketing journey.
- You are motivated to get the job done and done excellently. Execution Excellence is our standard and our standard is non-negotiable.
- You are proud to wear orange, laugh with your teammates, and make money through commission.
- You have high energy and love to work at a fast pace.
- You are passionate about customer service and the technology that drives our fun-filled marketing company.
What You'll Do
- You'll focus on internal sales to consult small- and medium-sized business owners on the best digital marketing strategy to grow their businesses.
- You'll spend 90% of your time on the phone communicating with clients.
- You will acquire new customers for Madwire from a variety of lead sources including hot, warm and cool leads from direct advertising campaigns and partnerships.
- You'll collaborate with other teammates internally to set the business up for success in all related aspects of Marketing 360.
- You'll work at our Fort Collins, CO headquarters or from your home office from 7 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
How You'll Make Money
On average, new Sales Associates pace $50,000-$60,000 in their first year. The first 2 months are training and we anticipate new Sales Associates will graduate to Marketing Consultant in 60 days.
Questions You May Ask
- How do I get leads?We invest heavily in our own marketing and partnerships to generate leads. Once you are fully ramped up, you will receive approximately 50-60 leads per month. Of those leads 10% will close immediately, and the other 80% will take 3 months or more to close.
- What does the training process look like?The training process is a 2 month process. The first 4 weeks are a highly focused mixture of class time, online learning, and on-the-job coaching. By the second week of training, you will be actively making phone calls and working on building your own sales pipeline while also completing online learning courses and working to close new business. You will start out by calling through our database of hundreds of thousands of leads. As your skill set grows you will be wrapped into the lead flow and will receive live leads in real time. Your time on the phone during training is fully supported by training staff and experienced Marketing Consultants.
- What are the opportunities for Growth?The upward mobility for a Sales Associate is to move into the Marketing Consultant role and eventually lead a team as a Director of Sales. Directors of Sales lead and support a team of 10 Marketing Consultants. These are micro teams within the macro sales team. The core metrics for eligibility are to be a top performer (consistently surpassing goals) and to be at Madwire as a Marketing Consultant for at least 1 year.
- What is the culture like at Madwire?Collaborative, fun, competitive team environment - come check us out to see it for yourself!
Employee Health Benefits
Healthcare coverage with supplemental dental and vision plans. Eligibility to enter the plan is the first of the month following 2 months of employment.
Eligibility to enter plan is first of the month following 60 days of employment.
Paid Time Off
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Unlimited vacation after 90 days of employment in your first year with the company
- 5 sick days annually
We are currently hiring in the following states: AK, AR, CO, FL, GA, HI, ID, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MS, MO, MT, NE, NJ, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TX, UT, VT, VA, WV, WI, WY. Please note that it may take up to 2 months to authorize work in some states. Please let the hiring manager know what state you live in so we can plan accordingly.
We Dont Discriminate
Madwire is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practice laws. Madwire strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. All Madwire employees, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
Madwire complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Consistent with those requirements, Madwire will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability, if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.