Sells and merchandises Ajax Distributing products in order to achieve distribution goals and develop accounts. Uses point-of-sale (POS) materials and shelf/display placement to position brands. Provides continual customer service and supports accounts with order-taking, merchandising, and administrative functions to ensure quality of products and services. Tracks data to aid goal-setting, profit calculation, and understanding of marketplace fluctuations and trends. Must be able to pass pre-hire drug screen, driving record review, and criminal background check.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Achieves monthly distribution and program goals for specific brands
* Secures advantageous brand positioning and POS/display space
* Identifies and adapts to competitive sales trends
Customer Service Duties
* Develops and maintains relationships with customers by visiting accounts, attending social and promotional events, and staying up-to-date on account/market/territory conditions
* Completes order requests; consults with clients in determining the amounts/types of products
* Facilitates deliveries to accounts as necessary, which may include handling transportation errors or issues related to out of stock merchandise
* Rotates products as necessary to ensure quality
* Sets up POS materials and builds/maintains cold box, display, and shelf standards
* High School Diploma/GED
* Ability to compute basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages)
* At least 21 years of age
* Valid driver's license
* Basic computer literacy
* Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university and/or 6 months to 1 year of previous sales experience
* Familiar with Microsoft Applications (PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
* Cell Phone/IPAD
* Hand truck
* Company vehicle
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift and/or move an average of 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 160 lbs, with or without a hand truck. The employee is regularly required to drive to account locations and stand, walk, reach, bend, twist, squat and grasp with hands/fingers on a repetitive basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to work in diverse establishments where alcohol is sold/consumed and where cigarette smoke may be present. The employee is required to spend considerable time in a vehicle traveling to account locations, in varying weather and traffic conditions. The employee may be required to work flexible hours, including evening, weekends, and/or holidays in order to accommodate customer needs or special events.
Ajax Distributing Company