Sales & Merchandise Associate (Req 10401)
Southern States Cooperative
Mount Airy , Maryland 12116
Are you interested in joining an industry leader who is passionate about growth? At Southern States Cooperative (A Farmer Owned Cooperative since 1923); we are focused on helping our employees and our customers grow, by being the very best at offering challenging and rewarding career opportunities to our employees and providing superior products, services and growing solutions for our valued customers. We want to hear from you, so come grow with us!!!How you will impact Southern States Cooperative:
Provides friendly, efficient, and professional sales support to customers shopping at Southern States Cooperative, Inc. locations. Relies on product knowledge and training to assist customers with merchandise selection. Provides recommendations for additional products, services and/or equipment to meet overall project needs. Maintains effective merchandising of products and a safe and welcoming shopping environment.
What you need to succeed:
- Proactively greet customers in a welcoming and professional manner. Utilize customer-focused interpersonal skills including smiling, making eye contact, meeting them in aisle when possible, helping lift products as necessary, providing appropriate attention including when assisting more than one patron at time, acknowledging they will be assisted soon if waiting, and thanking each one for their business.
- Discuss merchandise needs with customers. Assist customers with quickly locating items in the facility. Rely on expertise, experience and training to provide information on product features, help with selection and offer advice on product usage for maximum effectiveness.
Education: Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Prefer additional college coursework or Associate's Degree in agriculture, plant science, animal science, or a related field.
Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of work experience in a retail sales environment providing high quality customer service. Prefer experience in agriculture, livestock / pet care, horticulture, or related industry. Previous Southern States work experience a plus.
Some of the many benefits we offer:
- Able to consistently demonstrate customer-focused interpersonal skills, communicate in a positive and professional manner and resolve customer concerns effectively
- Effective knowledge of specialized area(s) including equine, livestock, pet, home, farm, and/or lawn & garden.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accident Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Office
- Vacation Buy-Back
- Company Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Merchandise Discounts
- Wellness Program
- Volunteer Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.