Sales Manager - AC Hotel Huntsville Downtown
Yedla Management Company
Huntsville , AL 35801
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position is for AC Hotel Huntsville Downtown
To oversee and manage all sales related activities to ensure maximum revenue, promotional coverage and marketing opportunities are achieved.
Individual should work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop strategies which maximize REVPAR and grow market share.
Work week typically 45 50 hours per week. Must have ability to work in fast paced environment, assimilate information quickly, and initiate appropriate response.
SALES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain active direct sales effort with both outside and inside call activities, including, but not limited to appointment calls, property tours, cold calls, teleprospecting, and networking.
- Participates in outside sales calls & sales blitzes to acquire new business leads and/or close on business.
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication throughout the hotel. Set example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers needs and observance of all Yedla sales office standards
- Achieve outstanding guest satisfaction through communication, cross training within all departments and appropriate sales office coverage.
- Works with management team to create and implement an annual sales plan addressing revenue, high value targets, and the market for all hotel segments.
- Analyze and contribute to team on annual budget preparation and weekly forecasting.
- Analyze STR reports to identify trends and create appropriate sales action plans.
- Analyze brand reports, such as production reports and create appropriate sales action plans.
- Meet or exceed all hotel budgeted goals.
- Operate within established sales expense budget.
- Achieve individual sales call goals on weekly and quarterly basis. Quarterly goals for this position are currently at 325 prospecting activities and 65 qualified appointments per quarter.
- General knowledge of all Yedla managed hotels to provide basic information and internal sales leads when appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions to ensure all business opportunities are identified and/or share information which could impact hotel revenues
- Utilize HotelSalesPro to maintain sales calendar, qualified information on all current and prospective clients, and trace follow-up interactions for the future sales interaction.
- Handle incoming leads from various sources including national group leads, convention bureau, third party planners, and other digital booking sources.
- Network within local community to build awareness; to generate new leads, and be a community partner.
- Responsible for all assigned sales segments.
- Assists with the development and implementation of any sales promotions.
- Create sales action plans on weekly and monthly basis to focus on hotel need times.
- Attend and provide input to the weekly revenue/sales meeting.
- Adjust sales strategy as needed with General Manager and provide monthly updates on sales plan.
- Manage RFP process for national accounts according to brand standards.
- Manage Locally Negotiated Rates for special corporate agreements and group rates according to Yedla standards.
- Provide positive sales leadership throughout hotel to encourage Everybody Sells mentality and assist General Manager with sales training appropriate for each department.
- Create and maintain long-term customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel sales objectives.
- Follow and promote hotel brand standards with guests and co-workers.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Assist Director of Sales / General Manager with any other hotel related duties as assigned.
High degree of market awareness and ability to understand links between sales and profit with excellent sales and negotiation skills. Effective oral and written communication skills.
Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Hotel and Restaurant Management preferred.
- 1 year minimum experience in hospitality sales or 3 year minimum non hospitality sales experience.
- Health Care Plan
- Retirement Plan - 401K
- Paid Time Off
- Family Leave
- Training & Development