Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Hoboken , NJ 07030
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Atypon is an organization on the rise. The company provides software-as-a-service web hosting and content delivery to publishers such as Elsevier, Taylor & Francis, and American Chemical Society and is rapidly growing market share in the US and around the world. Over the past several years, 30 non-profit society and association publishers have moved their digital platform to Atypon from major competitors or self-hosted systems. No publisher has moved from Atypon directly to any of those same competitors.
The company currently hosts over 16 million articles, almost 10,000 journals, 135,000 eBooks and over 200 publishers. In 2015, staff grew from 160 to 235 and topped 300 in 2016. The company is investing heavily in technology, marketing, and R&D to sustain the rapid growth it is currently experiencing
Atypon seeks a highly experienced Sales Executive located in either Northeastern US or the UK to create new business, expand the remit with current clients, and provide a strategic and global sales vision to help propel the company forward.
Based on market segmentation to be developed in conjunction with the Senior Vice President of Business Development, the Sales Executive will:
- Build a pipeline of leads and opportunities through networking and lead generation and leveraging company marketing campaigns.
- Take the lead in responding to inquiries from prospective customers.
- Take the lead in answering RFIs and RFPs.
- Generate opportunities to present company products to prospective clients that open up substantive discussions.
- Organize and deliver effective presentations and demonstrations to support the sales cycle.
- Obtain new and renewal business according to booking targets to be developed in coordination with the SVP of Business Development in support of overall company goals for growth.
- Maintain high level of responsiveness and engagement with customers and prospects.
- Attend and participate in trade shows and conferences.
- Participate in industry organizations.
- Effectively use and maintain Salesforce.com for account tracking, information sharing, campaign planning, etc.
Because Atypon follows a value-based selling model, it is critical that the Sales Executive develop a clear and nuanced understanding of Atypons market positioning, including:
- Company image as perceived by customers, competitors and the industry
- Competitiveness of company products and services
- STM publishing ecosystem and trends
- Technological developments affecting the company, both in STM and beyond
The Sales Executive will be asked to contribute to strategic decisions, including:
- Identifying opportunities to expand Atypons target market to areas that have not been previously exploited.
- Identifying potential for new business models
- Optimizing pricing models
Product and technology expertise
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of company products, systems, methodologies, and services and apply it effectively in understanding prospect/client problems, establishing high-level requirements, and offering solutions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors products, services, and prices.
- Keep up-to-date on industry-wide technology and product/standard initiatives and developmentsparticularly developments impacting Atypons product features and sales competitiveness.
The ideal employee will:
- Hold at minimum a BA, BS, or equivalent.
- Have at least 6-8 years of sales experience within the professional or learned publishing industry, ideallyselling technology-based services and solutions to one or more relevant market segments (see list below).
- Be able to bring to the company a significant client contact portfolio.
- Be able to demonstrate an in-depth regional knowledge of the US and EMEA publishing markets.
- Be widely experienced in one or more of the following market segments, and be able to bring an extensive, provable contact network to underline this experience.
- Association publishers, Learned Societies and Non-Profits
- University Presses
- Professional (including but not limited to):
- NGO Publishing
- Government Publishing
- Reference Works & Books
- Pharmaceutical Publishing
- B2B Publishing
- Financial Publishing
- Legal, Tax and Regulatory Publishing
- Standards Publishing
- Have excellent organizational and financial tracking/management skills
- In-depth account management skills and contact management application knowledge
- Be highly motivated and goal orientedcapable of succeeding in a challenging and competitive environment.
- Be comfortable working in a small team and be prepared to get involved in all aspects of the business. Be a good team player.
- Have superior communication and interpersonal skills.