Position: Sales Associate
Reports To: General Manager and/or
Type: Casual, Non-Exempt
Discover your purpose...
Provide customers with a unique shopping experience by offering excellent customer service Utilize effective selling techniques and provide in-depth product knowledge in a fast-paced, specialty retail environment
Who you are...
• Love to sell, can articulate a proven ability to exceed selling goals & most importantly can close a sale.
• Succeed in a team environment, while able to work independently & manage your own time.
• Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are constantly looking for ways to think outside-the-box.
• Know what questions to ask your customers in order to understand their personal cooking style &needs.
• Enjoy discovering the customer’s style, lifestyle & story to connect them to the right products.
• Most successful when provided with clearly defined daily sales goals & metrics.
At Williams Sonoma you will...
• Provide sincere, friendly and energetic customer service by exemplifying World-Class service standards.
• Achieve established sales and contest goals Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions.
• Assist customers with special services including: gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalog orders, special orders,
back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries, and furniture orders.
• Utilize effective selling techniques to build multiple sales and increase productivity.
• Demonstrate comprehensive product knowledge, including features and benefits.
• Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions i.e. sales, returns, and exchanges.
• Assist in implementation and maintenance of visual merchandise presentation, signage and lighting.
• Uphold store maintenance and cleanliness standards straighten, clean and help maintain stockroom as needed.
• Process, ticket, and restock merchandise as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for...
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 1-2 years retail sales experience (specialty retail preferred, but not required).
• 1-2 years customer service experience.
• Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
• Ability to operate POS system.
• Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
• Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Casual associates must be
available to work a minimum of two regularly scheduled shifts on the weekend (Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday) and one during the week (Monday to Thursday). Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
*Example: Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day; an associate must be available on two separate days (Friday and Saturday, Friday and Sunday or Saturday and Sunday) If preferred, an associate can also choose to have all three shifts of availability on the weekend (Friday to Sunday) and none during the week (Monday to Thursday).
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the 'AODA') in Ontario, Williams-Sonoma Canada would like to advise that it complies with all applicable requirements of the AODA and, if necessary, provides accessibility for all applicants and associates with physical and mental disabilities, both during recruitment and employment If an applicant or an associate is in need of an accommodation for a disability, contact a General Manager and any store location for assistance