Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Sales And Use Tax Accountant
Southwest Accounting Resources, Inc
Phoenix , Arizona 85012
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Growing company in Phoenix is looking to add a Sales and Use Tax Accountant to their staff. The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $75,000 depending on experience.
- Assists with all phases of monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns, including preparation of work papers and taxability research.
- Works with billing team to resolve customer sales tax and franchise fee issues.
- Reviews sales/use tax audit assessments, which includes pulling documentation and researching tax issues.
- Assists with all phases of quarterly and annual regulatory filings.
- Helps maintain exemption certificates.
- Works on process improvement opportunities and miscellaneous projects.
- Reviews property tax payments for accuracy and processes for payment.
- Conducts taxability research on potential new products.
- Prepares tax journal entries for monthly close process.
- Prepares monthly general ledger account reconciliations and track reasonableness of account balances.
- Reviews franchise fee calculations and tracks changes in franchise fee contracts.
- Provides support with internal and external SOX compliance.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or solid experience Sales and Use Tax.
- A minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP).
- Functional knowledge of general and corporate accounting processes and internal controls.
- Ability to understand and communicate accounting issues, including developing processes to record.
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver results.
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, and personal growth.
- Experience in process improvement activities.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and preform under pressure.
- Self-starter with a solid work ethic.
For immediate consideration email your resume in a WORD.DOC to Thyra at email@example.com