Safety, Health And Environmental Advisor
Manac Trailers USA Inc
Oran , MO 63771
Posted 3 weeks ago
Manac Trailers, USA specializes in designing and fabricating metal components for the North American construction industry.
Manac is the leading North American manufacturer of specialty trailers. Manac offers a wide range of vans, dumps and belt trailers, lowbeds, grain hoppers, chip and logging trailers, heavy duty chassis for oil, gas and mining industry and has achieved a leading position in the flatbed market. Manac has a portfolio of top brands: Manac, UltraPlate, Ultravan, Alutrec, DarkwingMD, CPS , Liddell Canada, ABS Trailers, Peerless, Scona & Trailmobile. Manac manufactures its trailers in facilities located in Saint-Georges and Laurier-Station (QC), Penticton (B.C.) and Oran (MO, USA).
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full-time, professional Safety, Health and Environment Advisor.
- Provide guidance in all areas of health and safety including: investigations, hazard assessments, inspections, training, WCB claims management and modified work
- Organize, coach and implement health and safety programs, recordkeeping and standardization as required
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections
- Perform frequent site safety, health and environment inspections/audits to identify all non-compliant equipment or processes
- Implement comprehensive solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics
- Work collaboratively with management, employees and contractors to identify and evaluate risks associated with hazards in the workplace and recommend changes to eliminate or control these hazards
- Interpret federal/provincial/local government regulations to ensure compliance and coordinate with regulatory agencies to convey terms of compliance; complete applicable permits/reports
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Reliable, prompt and regular attendance
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building, and communication skills
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections
- Proficient with computers
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections
- Frequent exposure to a steel fabrication environment, where you may be exposed to welding fumes, paint fumes and loud noise; as well as general office and constant exposure to computer display (70%production plant / 30%office). Safety PPE (personal protective equipment) must be worn while onsite (safety boots, safety glasses, earplugs, etc.)
- Daily interaction with production personnel, managers and other team members
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education (College, University, Accredited Safety trainers) in Occupational Health and Safety, or a related field (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Three to five years of related experience preferred in a manufacturing environment
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send us your resume, highlighting details of your education, and work history. This position is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Join the Manac Team https://youtu.be/qt5JnSZA3hI
Manac provides competitive wages, room for advancement, affordable insurance including medical, dental, and vision, and a 401k plan which the company contributes to after a year of investment. We have been awarded the Tractor Trailer Manufacturing Association (TTMA) safety award for the 3rd time in the USA. We are seeking applicants with great work ethic, positive outlook, team oriented, and who will take pride in their work with attention to detail and quality as well as productivity. We also have a heavy focus on training and offer paid holidays, paid time off, and potential for profit sharing after probationary period is completed.
Job is Full Time
We are an equal opportunity employer.