Safety Engineer (Ehs)
North Billerica , MA 01862
Posted 9 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Full time Exempt
Our Safety Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of EHS standard to help the company meet regulatory requirements and to keep employees, contractors and visitors safe. You will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace. This includes documenting procedures, developing training materials, delivering training, auditing, incident investigations, and partnership with internal organizations in environments such as office, R&D, manufacturing, machine shops and hardware labs. As a safety engineer you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential. The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Develop, implement, train and enforce company health, safety and environmental policies as well as local, state and federal regulations
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Development and implementation of training programs
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Identify and evaluate potential facility hazards to recommend and implement appropriate preventative measures, safeguards and administrative controls.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle workers compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Partner with internal stakeholders to implement programs, processes, and procedures that meet requirements without being overly restrictive where possible.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Serve as a technical advisor on environmental policies and standards to ensure regulatory applicability.
- Lead incident investigations and risk assessment activities.
- Conduct regular safety meetings and audits.
- Routinely monitor operations to ensure compliance.
- Experience implementing and sustaining regulatory compliance programs, preferably with a focus on Hazcom, Electrical Safety, Emergency Response, Control of Hazardous Energies, Powered Industrial Equipment, Ergonomics and Contractor Safety.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
- Able to identify and interpret appropriate regulations and apply them to a diverse work environment.
- Professional certification such as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), General Safety Practitioner (GSP) or other related certification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, Public Health or other related program.
- Strongly preferred experience in industrial automation, robotics, manufacturing and / or R&D operations.
- Experience or understanding of Environmental or Industrial Hygiene programs and implementation.
TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team leads
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.