Safety Administrative Assistant
Buttonwillow Warehouse Company
Bakersfield , CA 93301
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Safety Administrative Assistant works with the safety department, providing assistance as required to
promote a safe work environment.
- Manages the day-to-day office operations of the safety department
- Ability to work independently
- Prepares and maintains accurate record keeping for the safety department
- Assist with workers compensation claims, incident management system, safety training and
- Assist with company compliance for applicable laws and regulations
- Maintain OSHA 300 logs and safety files
- Requests and collects employee feedback and suggestions on safety procedures.
- Reviews current safety training and recommends revisions, improvements and updates.
- Create safety forms and inspection checklists.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with company safety policies and applicable OSHA and Cal/OSHA standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge/Familiarity with SDS documents
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Good written and verbal communication
- Great organization
- Bilingual is preferred
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience with safety and workers compensation is preferred but not required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation Time, Sick Policy, 401(k)