Phoenix , AZ 85001
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Position and secure steel bars, wire mesh and post tension cables to reinforce concrete.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Must adhere to Harris Rebars safety programs and standards.
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebars vision and values.
- Work from blue prints to positionand secure steel reinforcing bars, rods, cables, or mesh using pliers, fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools.
- Install girders made of iron and steel, as well as iron columns and other material
- Assist in the construction of bridges, buildings and other structures
- Safety Awareness- Being aware of jobsite risks and hazards to self and others.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to read and understand placing drawings
- Time Management- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Instructing- Teaching others.
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- 3 years pervious Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Worker experience
- Ability to read and understand blue prints/placing drawings
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol testing
- OSHA - 10 certification
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Due to the functional conditions of the position, this is a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Multi limb Coordination- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Static Strength- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Extent Flexibility- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Manual Dexterity- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, Harris Rebar offers the following benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short-Term Disability; Long-Term Disability; Life Insurance; Vacation Days; Holidays; 401K; Nucor stock purchase program; and a Tuition Scholarship Program for dependents of employees.