RN Transition To Acute Care Training Program Med Surg Full Time Days
Adventist Health System
New Smyrna Beach , FL 32168
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
RN Transition to Acute Care Training Program AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth
16-week training program to prepare you to work in an acute care setting
Hands-on learning and support from our nurse education team
Immediate healthcare benefits and coverage
Career growth and advancement potential
You Will Be Responsible For:
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to, lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand-off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
What You Will Need:
Organizational and multi-tasking skills
Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
Ability to work as a Team player within a unit
Effective verbal and oral communication and problem-solving skills
EKG competency testing (based on patient population)
Graduate of a school of nursing
Minimum of six (6) months of experience
Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience preferred
Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Professional Certification Preferred
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.