VIEW JOBS12/3/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-03T00:00Full Time
Nurse Healthcare Manager RNFull Time Nurse Healthcare Manager RN
Brookdale Augusta 326 Boy Scout Road Augusta, GA 30909
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
Manages the day-to-day clinical services of the community to ensure resident's healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as resident's healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides leadership as well as coaching to licensed nurses and other direct care staff within the community.
* Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based licensed, certified and non-certified clinical associates.
* Assigns and directs work of subordinates; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Provides training and education to resident care associates on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services, and situation-specific training
* Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by care giving staff
* As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses health, oversee medication administration, functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident, evaluates effectiveness and maximizes the resident's opportunity to remain in their environment
* Manages the health care of residents, including the dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures that family members are aware of resident's need for scheduled appointments
* Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments, service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as required by policy and as described/allowed in Nurse Practice Actor state regulation
* Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with resident families with the intent of returning resident to Brookdale
* Evaluates residents; documents changes in condition, and notifies executive director, physician, and resident's legally responsible party/family of resident's condition and reactions
* Communicates with physicians regarding residents' status and condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician appointments, and visits
* Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare- related services
* Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate parties as needed
* Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through
* Participates in department quality improvement activities
* Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of Workers' Compensation claims by appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and involving therapy services as indicated
* Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as required
Required skills and qualifications:
* Education as required to obtain state nursing license (RN).
* Preferred a minimum of 3 years clinical leadership experience.
* Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic documentation
* RN license required
Brookdale is the largest senior living solutions company in the country, with 1,000+ communities in 46 states serving 110,000 residents around the country. That translates to lots of career opportunities for you! We offer independent living, assisted living, Memory Care, skilled nursing, continuing care retirement, in-house therapy, hospice, home health, and personalized living.
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Brookdale Senior LivingAugustaGA
VIEW JOBS12/5/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-05T00:00Summary
* Oversees the accurate processing of claims that have been deferred for medical necessity review.
* Ensures compliance with nationally recognized standards, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities.
* Position is located on-site in Augusta, GA.
* 70% Manages the medical review process. Maintains a well-trained staff. Develops/implements medical review strategy with the ultimate goal of reducing the error rate. Ensures timeliness of review, quality of decisions, set productivity levels, and compliance with all nationally recognized standards, and local/state/federal laws and regulations. Identifies missed standards and implements corrective actions.
* 20% Provides comprehensive and accurate feedback to provider community regarding results of medical review and correction action. Investigates all internal and external inquiries and ensures they are responded to in a timely and accurate manner.
* 10% Interfaces with internal and external customers such as appellants/attorneys, congressional offices , and other regulatory bodies as required to build and maintain positive customer relationships.
Required Work Experience:
* 5 years clinical and utilization review to include 2 years supervisory or team lead experience or equivalent military experience in grade E4 or above.
* Strong healthcare management experience and experience with production in a healthcare setting.
* Associate Degree - Nursing, or Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
Required Training: Active RN licensure in state hired, OR, active compact multistate RN license as defined by the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Bluecross Blueshield Of South CarolinaAugustaGA
VIEW JOBS11/18/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-16T00:00Division: Sales
Patient Coverage Area: Augusta
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
* Encompass Health's enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
* At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
* Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
* Continuing education opportunities.
* Scholarship program for employees and their children.
* Matching 401(k) plan.
* Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
* Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
* Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Home Health & Hospice is searching for a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physical Therapist (PT) to join our team as a Care Transition Coordinator.
* Assist patients in the process of navigating post-acute care.
* Assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate options and services with a primary goal of providing a safe transition from acute care to home for home health or hospice services.
* Integrate evidence-based clinical guidelines, preventative guidelines, protocols in development of transition plans that are patient-centered, promoting quality and efficiency in the delivery of post-acute care.
* Promote adherence to post-acute plans and ensure ordered services are completed.
* Represent Encompass in transitional care activities and strategic relationships with health systems, hospitals, inpatient facilities, and physician groups.
* Monitor execution of transitional care services through ongoing quality assurance visits with referral sources.
* Meeting and/or exceed referral and admission goals.
* Responsible for Care Transitions Program admission activity for territory, while positively impacting patient outcomes and referral source satisfaction.
The right person for this role will be a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physical Therapist (PT) that is goal driven, sales motivated, and has previous home health or hospice experience.
* Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing or therapy and be licensed in the state of employment.
* Must have a minimum of 2-3 years field experience.
* Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics, as well as transitional care best practices.
* Good understanding of the Federal, State, and local laws and regulatory guidelines governing home health and hospice operations.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with diverse individuals.
* Experience with territory management, strong presentation skills, performance management, building relationships, emphasizing excellence, negotiation, results driven, sales planning and execution.
* Should be self-starter who requires minimal supervision.