Risk Management Support Specialist
Norman , OK 73072
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Nextep is a certified Professional Employer Organization (PEO), we work hand-in-hand with small and mid-sized companies to provide HR services including payroll, benefits, human resources, risk & compliance, and more. Nextep has been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Oklahoma and we were recognized for excellence in corporate ethics by the Oklahoma Ethics Consortium.
At Nextep, our employees work every day to elevate the employment experience and enrich peoples lives. We take that endeavor seriously and extend that spirit of enrichment to business owners, their employees, and each other.Job Responsibilities:
Nextep is seeking a Risk Management Support Specialist for our corporate office in Norman. We are seeking an individual who will work with the Risk Department to provide quality support to Nextep clients Risk Management needs as they relate to safety and workers compensation. This position Communicates and coordinates with Nexteps clients, the Risk Department and Nexteps workers compensation insurance carrier regarding safety issues and workers compensation claims.
- Corresponds with clients regarding their injured employee; determine proper first steps for the injured employee to seek medical treatment; ensure the injured employee submits to a post-accident drug screen; ensure injured employees obtains medical treatment. Report work-related injuries to workers compensation insurance carrier. Correspond with insurance carrier regarding claim.
- Communicates with all parties involved as necessary regarding status of claim including clients, injured employee, insurance carrier, attorneys, Nextep HR department, and others as needed. Consult with and guide clients through claims process.
- Submits any medical or other bills relating to claims to the insurance carrier for processing and payment.
- Communicates client terminations to insurance carrier to ensure former clients are removed from Nexteps policy.
- Coordinates the issuance of workers compensation insurance certificates to new clients and to clients certificate holders.
- Supports Underwriters, as needed, by communicating with Business Consultants on prospective clients, document gathering and review, and by drafting pre-approval submissions for prospective clients to Nexteps carrier.
- Coordinate with outside safety consultants to provide safety consultation to Nextep clients.
- Respond to miscellaneous client requests pertaining to workers compensation, safety services, drug screening, or other risk management services as needed.
- Bachelors Degree with an emphasis in Risk Management preferred
- Demonstrated customer service experience working with a wide variety of people, exhibiting a high level of problem solving skills and commitment to quality and client satisfaction.
- Experience in workers compensation claims and/or safety preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nextep is committed to the success, development, and long-term engagement of our employees. In addition to our unique corporate culture, we offer an attractive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401(k), HSA, tuition reimbursement and much more. You can learn more about Nextep at www.nextep.com.
If you would like to be a part of our growing team please apply today! Nextep is an equal opportunity employer.