Graham Capital Management, L.P.
Norwalk , CT
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The role of the Risk Analyst is to monitor markets and risk measures to ensure Grahams funds operate within intended risk limits. A risk analyst also prepares materials used by the Chief Risk Officer to keep firm management, investors, and traders informed of the risks being taken by portfolio managers. The ideal Risk Analyst is a motivated, self-driven individual who seeks to learn more about the dynamics of the financial markets and the inner workings of a macro hedge fund. The successful candidate is eager to learn the key risk parameters and calculations for everyday risk management, while also building an extensive knowledge base of products within the fixed income, commodities, FX, and equity indices spaces.
- Prepare risk review materials for discussion with the CRO. Review all fund positions, identify concentrated exposures, and highlight results of stress tests.
- Provide risk oversight and support for portfolio managers. Ensure that all risk takers understand their risk concentrations. Provide support on trade sizing and portfolio construction.
- Maintain risk limits for portfolio manager trade execution platforms.
- Review materials to be distributed to investors for consistency and correctness.
- A background in risk management or finance/economics
- One to three years of practical work experience, not necessarily in risk management
- A keen interest in learning about securities markets and how portfolio managers use them to express trade ideas
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to inform managers and other stakeholders of results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required. Coding experience is not necessary but is helpful