RF Engineer IV
Next Phase Solutions And Services
Columbia , MD 21044
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Leads projects and provides technical direction to and coordinates the efforts of engineers and technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Supports multiple project activities and may support multiple programs within the organization. Complies with applicable quality and security procedures in the performance of duties. Provides recommendations for improvements to existing quality systems and applicable company procedures and guidelines.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to lower level technical staff.
- Recognized within Next Phase as a senior level contributor in the field, and may have begun to acquire a similar reputation in the external scientific and client communities.
- Provides input and support to intra-organizational proposal development efforts. May have some exposure to and provide some input to inter-organizational technical and business development activities.
- Supervises and reviews activities of staff, scheduling and assigning work to meet program/project completion dates. Works closely with senior customer personnel in providing solutions to complex problems and advice on technical issues.
- Represent customer/client interests at spectrum reallocation technical meetings
- Track wireless carrier coordination requests, informs the Next Phase team of required analyses, and reports analysis results to customer/client
- Exercises independent judgment in conducting complex analyses and development efforts, and provides technical direction to other staff. Educates and advises more junior technical staff members in the technical aspects of their efforts.
- Prepares and reviews input to major technical reports, status reports, letters, technical memoranda, contract reports and formal briefings.
- Based upon own ideas, prepares unsolicited proposals to secure new projects or the expansion of ongoing project activities that involve support of other staff members. Prepares or coordinates the preparation of complex proposals with contributions from several activities.
- Identifies opportunities for new program initiatives. Develops relevant briefings and specific project proposals, and works through appropriate channels to schedule presentation of these briefings and proposals to prospective customers.
- Is recognized within the organization in more than one area of technical expertise. Participates in the activities of professional societies. Authors/co-authors technical and scientific articles for publication.
- Complies with applicable quality and security procedures in the performance of duties. Establishes and monitors standards for internal quality programs. Provides recommendations for improvements to existing quality systems or applicable company procedures and guidelines.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Conduct database searches and prepare results reports
- Maintains briefing slides for semiweekly customer meetings and leads the discussion
- Assist government staff understand historical events behind current activities as well as negotiate various computer tools and issues.
- Track overall tasking
- Perform routine and quick-reaction tasks
- Familiar with spectrum management tools and processes
- Full-time, at customer site (thereby Next Phases face to the customer)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support
- Ability to develops and apply advanced Radio Frequency engineering theories, methods and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex technical problems and projects.
- Excellent experience in advanced technical concepts, techniques, and procedures to lead a project team in the development of technical products.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic through technical writing and verbal communications
- Excellent knowledge in Radio Frequency Engineering and Wireless Communications (Cellular) concepts.
- Excellent knowledge in spectrum allocation (Frequency allocation).
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective organization level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A security clearance of an appropriate level may be required after employment.
Technical Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science degree plus 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science related fields
- Master of Science
ABOUT NEXT PHASE SOLUTIONS AND SERVICES, INC.
Innovation. Its What Defines Us.
Next Phase provides insights and solutions for healthcare, engineering and science research. Next Phase commits to creating an environment where our employees achieve their full potential, increase their productivity, and expand their professional and personal horizons. We look for bright, innovative people that achieve results, understand the importance of being a productive and supportive team member, and put the customers satisfaction first. Next Phase leadership is looking for new leaders, scientific and technical subject matter experts, and technically savvy people that are interested in putting forth the effort and commitment needed to grow our company.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Benefits include, but not limited
HEALTH AND WELLNESS BENEFITS
- Medical Insurance (three healthcare plans to choose from), Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
PERSONAL INSURANCE BENEFITS
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
- Company-paid Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Competitive paid-time-off programs
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution
- Company-sponsored professional development activities and professional dues/subscriptions reimbursement