Description:Advanced Programs RF (APRF) is seeking a chief engineer to lead a digital beamforming team for next generation RF payload capabilities. The role requires experience in implementing digital signal processing into FPGAs, and will be a key member of a digital payload team.
In this position, the engineer will generate modeling/simulations for complex space-flight payloads for evolving new space architectures in an FPGA framework. The individual will work closely with systems and payload design engineers to identify key capabilities to meet mission needs, and construct FPGA-based test benches and prototypes for algorithm verification. Also, participate in proposals for future designs. This is a high-visibility, fast-paced environment with opportunities to work a variety of mission spaces and payloads.
(1) Significant experience with implementing complex digital signal processing algorithms in ASIC or FPGA
(2) Significant experience with ASIC or FPGA simulation, verification, and test
(3) Significant experience with digital signal processing algorithms such as detection, decimation, channelization, demodulation, and/or equalization, or other related algorithms
(4) Significant experience with leading FPGA teams to execute aggressive performance metrics
(5) Familiarity with radiation hardening requirements for FPGA and ASICs in space environments
(6) Strong written and verbal communication skills to work across a multi-discipline team
(1) Experience with new technology development for digital payloads
(2) Experience with rapid prototyping in FPGA to perform algorithm trades, payload performance characterization, and SWaP assessments
(3) Experience with variety of digital payload architectures at the system level
(4) Experience with leading technical interchange meetings and design reviews for digital sub-systems
(5) Familiarity with ASIC design, including prototyping in FPGAs, ASIC requirements definition, and multi-chip module approaches for achieving System On a Chip (SOC) implementations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.