Revenue Cycle Training Specialist
White Plains , NY 10605
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Req # 18428
Professional - Clinical (Non-Nursing)
WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL
White Plains Hospital Job Description
Title: Revenue Cycle Training Specialist Job Code: 700721
Department/Location: Patient Accounts FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Revenue Cycle Training Manager
Position Summary:The Revenue Cycle Trainer is responsible for training new and existing staff to use the EPIC system for front and backend processes as well as maintaining system wide proficiencies. The trainer will be responsible for the development of training materials and upkeep of information on shared drives accessible by the team. The trainer will provide ongoing training and support including refresher training, training on EPIC upgrades, how to optimize the use of EPIC, and how to review workflows, work queues, or other areas for targeted quality improvement. A major focus is on helping staff develop expertise in using EPIC applications in their daily work. Methods of training delivery may include instructor-led courses, video courses, webinars, online courses, team review and one on one coaching sessions. Possess strong leadership, communication, teaching, public speaking and conflict resolution skills. Maintain a full understanding of revenue cycle operations and billing. The trainer will assist leadership in development of best practice standards and optimization of workflow and process to meet and exceed departmental goals. The trainer will assist with staff re-education as needed as well as review and audit of staff adherence to department processes. The trainer will assist in trending and development of reports for presentation to leadership.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Maintains role-based training content, instructional materials, and workflow/operational feedback for new and existing training, including meeting deliverable dates, independently or with team members
- Actively maintain up-to-date content and trains applicants according to defined best practice workflow
- Ability to work intra and inter departmentally, across all levels, to assure accurate process flow for optimal reimbursement, as well as, adhering to compliance for billing rules and regulation
- Responsible for development, delivery and optimization of training materials such as lesson plans, handouts and slide presentations as needed. Must have strong technical writing experience.
- Maintains knowledge and up to date processes for Revenue Cycle and Professional Billing
- Develops, distributes and trains team members on best practice workflow and department standards.
- Prepares and distributes reference materials for management and staff as it relates to staff development
- Hosts in person and virtual training sessions
- Provides individualized support to learners as needed and as requested
- Administers end-user assessments and surveys and analyzes results to continually improve training
- Must maintain any needed continuing EPIC education requirements for certification
- Present verbal and written information in a clear and easy to understand manner and actively engage with all trainees and encourage collaboration among trainees
- Prepares for pre and post training sessions, set up training lessons, arrange training room and environment and return training room to original state after training sessions.
- Follow up outside of classroom to offer post training support through response to parking lot questions, elbow support as needed and classroom performance reports
- Conduct routine reviews to identify non-adherence to process, identify opportunities for process improvement or re-education to improve overall department performance
- Performs regular audits to identify areas of opportunity and re-education opportunities
- Works with leadership to develop best practice workflow and optimize system use and staff performance
- Triage and resolve requests for training and support needs for revenue cycle and operations teams as needed
- Conducts revenue cycle analysis, trending, prepare month-end reports and make continual assessments of plan contract performance and progress.
- Responsible to provide analysis, reporting and recommendations for plan specific contracts and future negotiations to Senior Management and Managed Care Team
- Audits plan payments and denials to assure plans are adhering to contract terms and rates
- Presents to leadership findings and develops training and action plans
- Proactively identifies education opportunities and process improvement opportunities
- Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability to guide, direct, train and interact with management on a regular basis
- Responsible for compliance with hospital and Human Resources policies and procedures, competency and education requirements are satisfied as per hospital policy
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Program as defined by the organization.
- Is responsible to participate in committees, task forces and projects as appropriate.
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and behaviors.
- Ensures the provision of a safe employee/patient environment.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of the hospital interdisciplinary team and promotes the team concept within their department and hospital wide.
- Demonstrates positive customer service, fosters positive employee relations and assures that staff adheres to the Customer Service Behavioral Standards.
- Is supportive of hospital initiatives and projects and functions as a positive change agent.
- Promotes a positive and professional image and is a role model, coach, mentor and resource for staff and peers.
Education & Experience Requirements
inimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited College or University with a B.S. in Business or Health Administration, Masters preferred
- Minimum of (6) to (10) years in Patient Accounting required, preferable in a hospital setting.
- 5 years of demonstrated strong analytical skills with knowledge of revenue cycle processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft office/excel to include reporting, Executive level required
- Formal Trainer Credentialing, Certification or Proficiency is required
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Staff engagement
- Proficient in excel and preparation of reports and presentations
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of hospital billing and reimbursement of insurance as well as third-party billing.
- Ability to understand payment methodology and utilize formulas
- In-depth knowledge of the complete healthcare revenue cycle
- Experience/knowledge of contract language and payment methodology
- Strong communication skill sets and abilities.
- Ensures compliance with state regulations and accreditation standards.
- Participates in ongoing Performance Improvement initiative as required. Submits reports as required.
- Utilizes multiple methodologies to communicate information.
- Establishes and maintains an in-depth knowledge of revenue cycle principles, practices, procedures, regulatory compliance and internal controls.
- Submits all other work reports as required/requested by the Division Administrator.
- Keep the Assistant Vice President Revenue Cycle and the Director of Revenue Cycle informed at all times of the status of third-party plan payments and analysis progress
- Integrity to handle the confidential aspects of work.
- Retains composure under stress