Revenue Cycle Operations Analyst
The University Of Kansas Hospital
Lenexa , KS 66215
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Position Summary/Career Interest
This role participates in the entire revenue cycle system life cycle. Provides application of analysis concepts, including evaluation of current state against desired future state with consideration to policy, compliance, evidence, quality, operational standardization, workflow implications, reliability and usability of the system. Provides education to end users with consideration to adult learning principles, workflow and efficiency. Proactively provides educational assistance to end users and observes users interacting with electronic medical record (EMR) to identify additional education needed or system improvement opportunities. Promotes use of the system to support effective operational workflows. Works closely with information systems team and end users to troubleshoot and correct problems relating to applications, and assist with implementations of revenue cycle software products.
The goal of the RCOA role is to provide direct end user support related to the EMR for department process improvement and education. This role assists in the delivery of the organization's desired outcomes, including user adoption of the EMR, data procurement for operational decision support, research and business intelligence and to achieve optimal patient satisfaction as a result of system support. This is a part time position. Hours are TBD.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and applies informatics principles and standards. Provides analysis for department workflows and identifies EMR requirements as supported by evidence and policies and procedures. Develops and maintains workflow documentation.
- Demonstrates firm understanding of operational area(s) of support. Meets with operational department leaders to review identified EMR issues and opportunities for improvement, including optimizations and enhancements. Works with leadership to obtain priority. Serves as first point of contact for EMR change requests. Maintains oversight of department specific requests through completion. Documents work.
- Collaborates across departments in the implementation of EMR initiatives and requests. Follows organizational change control processes. Provides department expertise in development of solutions. Routes requests for changes to appropriate venues for vetting and approval. Coordinates with Nursing Informatics when necessary.
- Provides supplementary EMR orientation for all new staff and deploys ongoing training for EMR changes in assigned department. Establishes routine at elbow assistance program in accordance with operational needs. Using organizational communication process for change, establishes department specific plan.
- Implements change management strategies to foster EMR use and adoption. Evaluates user competency and implements tactics to assist. Communicates opportunities to improve EMR adoption to department leadership. Executes focused communication, education, and observation of end users related to organizational strategic EMR initiatives.
- Participates in EMR system projects and development life cycles: planning, analysis, design, build, testing and training. Coordinates with credentialed trainers for projects. Serves as lead for assigned department super users coordination and ongoing education.
- Demonstrates flexibility and creativity in meeting performance objectives and possess excellent communication, collaboration skills and customer service skills.
- Assures standardization of policies, procedures, workflows, in accordance with the organization's approved EMR practices. Identifies, escalates and works to resolve deviations.
- Through the Distributive Builder Program, will be responsible for Epic build in Hyperspace and minimal build in other non-production environments.
High School Diploma
Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
2 years experience in area of responsibility
Associate's degree in related field OR minimum of four (4) years experience in area of responsibility in lieu of degree.
EPIC Proficiency/Certification within six months of completing orientation; as designated by role.
HIM-related positions will require RHIT and RHIA, or be eligible to take and pass the exam within six months of hire
Bachelor's degree in related field
For HIM-related positions, RHIT or RHIA active credential preferred