Wine Districts in Frederick, MD is looking for a sales associate/ stocker to join our team. Our ideal candidate is attentive, ambitious, friendly and engaged. Customer-focused and motivated individuals that are ready to deliver outstanding service while driving sales will thrive in this position.
Through the use of sales techniques, you will be asked to build relationships with customers and provide recommendations in accordance to our curated product portfolio. As a member of our team your primary focus is sales and customer service support in a fast-paced environment. You will also be assigned stocking and merchandising duties.
· Acknowledge, greet, and provide exemplary service in a timely manner.
· Establish a rapport with customers while informing them of our products and services
· Maximize sales by actively suggestive selling products through education and recommendations. Build consumer loyalty and trust.
· Assist customers with purchases and car loading
· Maintain clean and organized aisles by following established replenishing, sorting and stocking guidelines
· Distribute inventory to correct locations; pull and stock merchandise from back room and overheads within designated timeframes while ensuring shopping area is safe and organized
· Process inventory and proactively investigate/correct any discrepancies with supervisor
· Open and stack cases and merchandise; break down boxes and bale cardboard
· Be familiar with and sharing Wine Districts product portfolio and offer product suggestions to customers
· Inform and educate customers about new and exciting products
· Ensure proper signage is in place and pricing is accurate; build displays and end caps; clean and maintain merchandise as appropriate
· Maintain clean, safe environment that encourages customers to return
· Ownership of store cleanliness and assist in maintaining standards on the sales floor, stock room, bathroom, etc.
Experience, Education, and Skills
· High school diploma or equivalency degree. College degree or trade certification is a plus.
· 21 years of age or older
· 1 year or more as sales associate with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed target sales goals
· Preferred experience in Beer, Wine and Liquor retail
· Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, including nights, weekends and some holidays
· Desire to continually develop retail sales skills and knowledge of product and services