Cobleskill , NY 12043
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Do you want to work at a company where you can grow and feel valued?We treat every associate as an important member of our strong, diverse, and multi-cultural workforce. Our people are important. That is the McCarthy Tire Service tradition.
We are looking for an Automotive Mechanic who can maintain service operations by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements on autos; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments, and state inspections; keeping records. A Mechanic must have the desire to perform above and beyond the requirements set forth in this job description. Adheres to McCarthy Tire Service policies and standards.Requirements:
- Valid drivers license
- State Inspection License
- Must have own tools
- Must have clean MVR, Drug Test, pass DOT physical
We invest in our associates for the long term. We offer:
- Completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Comply with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintain vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
Team work environmentOpportunity for career advancementExcellent compensationPaid holidays, vacation time, and personal timeMedical, dental, vision, and prescription coverageHealth care and dependent care spending accountsWellness program with incentivesVoluntary Aflac programConfidential employee assistance program401K with company matchCompany-paid short-term disability coverageCompany-paid life insurance for every associate, with additional voluntary life insurance available for our associate, spouse, and childrenWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.