Retail Business Office Manager (104)
Haynes Furniture Company
Newport News , VA 23601
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide outstanding customer service to delight our customers. To provide administrative support for the total life of the sale from point of sale through delivery and any customer service post sale issues.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Store Manager. Direct Report includes Business Office Associates.
- Responsible for training office personnel, responsible for performance management of staff
- Conduct Annual performance reviews, process payroll and attendance management for direct reports.
- Accountable for all cash, checks and credit card processing/receipt; financing third party and in-house financing from application through billing.
- Handling all customer complaints in polite, calm and pleasant manner, directing them to appropriate areas quickly and courteously
- Fully responsible for the delivery confirmation process.
- Understand and adhere to Company Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Policy and Procedures manual
- Must be flexible with work schedules and be available, as needed, to work evenings, holidays, and weekends, with or without advance notices.
- Responsible for the invoicing of tickets not done by CPU.
- Responsible to review reports and invoice any missed tickets.
- Responsible for the proper balancing of drawer(s) at end of day.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, generally once a month in two month quantities.
- Responsible for assisting in the working of undelivered report in order to ensure customers get their merchandise within the required time frame.
- Responsible to assist in sales training when appropriate (i.e. financing, computer, etc)
- Responsible for ensuring all outside communications get to appropriate individuals or departments in a timely manner.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of the office keeping it neat and organized.
- Responsible for petty cash settlement and replenishment.
- Responsible for closing store when appropriate
- Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by management
SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS: Ability to deal effectively with the public. Dynamic and outgoing personality effective communication skills both written and verbal. Math and computer skills. Must have ability to solve problems, handle stress and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TOOLS OR EQUIPMENT USED ON THE JOB: Computer, calculator, fax, copier, scanner
High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Previous Business experience preferred and 1 year of supervisory
Skills:Computer experience required
Medical, Dental & Vision