Restaurant Manager - Captain's Table/Courtyard By Marriott Ocean City
Newport Hospitality Group
Ocean City , MD 21842
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Restaurant Manager implements and directs the property's Food and Beverage operation. The Director is responsible for guest satisfaction, product quality, food and beverage profitability, associate productivity and personal development. The Director is responsible for revenue production and for the food and beverage outlets meeting and or exceeding planned revenue objectives. The Director manages all areas of Food and Beverage according to NHG standards to achieve a professional rapport within the business community. The ideal Food and Beverage Director candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management (or combination of formal culinary and/or vocational training in food & beverage); three years of increasingly-responsible experience in this arena; skills in associate staffing/development/training/evaluation/scheduling; alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverage services skills; and knowledge of ABC laws and regulations.
The following is a representative list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
- Creates and implements a minimum of one food promotion for each meal period on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Establishes/Ensures food inventory par levels are maintained within outlined percentage-to-sales levels.
- Establishes Department Head forecasting implementation of labor standards.
- Reviews menu abstracts and produces new menus.
- Maintains budgeted percents for labor and other expenses.
- Approves and ensures implementation of monthly promotion calendar, to include a minimum of three soft and one hard promotion per month on-going.
- Creates and implements beverage par levels and perpetual inventory.
- Establishes/Ensures department head forecasting against projected sales and standards.
Product Quality/Customer Satisfaction:
- Develops/implements/monitors comment card program for dining room.
- Conducts weekly food and beverage meetings to discuss training and service standards.
- Develops portion specifications for all menu items.
- Reviews monthly product specifications and cost cards-continually monitors high cost items.
- Responsible for all buffet display presentations.Asset Management:
- Inspects weekly food and beverage areas and generates written reports to correct deficiencies within a specified time period.
- Conducts monthly inspections using Health Department guidelines and takes corrective action with staff.
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively manage the personnel assigned:
- Maintains a qualified staff.
- Identifies and controls work relationships, areas of accountability, and performance of personnel.
- Determines standards of performance as a basis to review progress of personnel.
- Recommends salary adjustments, transfers, promotions, and dismissal.
- Ensures proper training of personnel.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximum associate morale and productivity.
- Professionally develops individuals for future advancement.
- Establishes/Implements/Monitors management training program for restaurant and lounge associates.
- Submits written progress reports to General Manager.
- Evaluates all associates annually (May), completing comprehensive written evaluation to be maintained in associate personnel file.
- Ensures all management, lounge personnel and servers of alcoholic beverages receive training in the Alcohol Awareness and Designated Driver Programs.
- Establishes and provides position descriptions to all Food and Beverage associates to include Department Heads and hourly associates.
- Develops policies to increase motivation and thereby reduce turnover of associates.
- Attends annually a minimum of one advanced management training seminar.
- Familiarizes himself/herself with corporate systems, procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.