Residential Interior Designer
New York , NY 10036
Posted 4 months ago
We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind peoples growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort and finer things in life, we are building a network of convenient, fully furnished, beautifully designed apartments in the large, vibrant cities around the globe.
Our connected turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people's lives, we have grown aggressively across 9 markets, surpassing 1,500 locations and 200+ team members, and we aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At Blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people, trusting them to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and partners. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people's time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don't forget to have fun and be positive
We are currently recruiting a Senior Interior Design Manager based in New York.
This position is one of the most exciting and influential roles at Blueground. You will be responsible for shaping the creative output of our interior design team by delivering strategic solutions, including conception and space planning for residential interiors, and influencing FF&E sourcing. This position marries interior design and entrepreneurship and has a huge impact in creating Blueground' s physical product. Therefore, being at the very core of our brand. If you love to sketchup, improve space efficiency and create things, we would love to hear from you.
What you will focus on:
- Delivering strategic design solutions including concepting, FF&E sourcing, and space planning for Blueground apartments
- Conceptualizing and executing multiple interior design typologies tailored to different cities and neighborhoods
- Working alongside our Director of Interior Design, other global teams and other general managers in cities, bringing a cross-functional mindset to improve the physical product
- Creating designs that are localized for each market's needs but standardized globally for improving efficiency
- Being at the forefront of current trends to ensure our places are modern, functional and comfortable
- Being efficient with resources, being resourceful in sourcing and scaling
- Ensuring all properties are focused on brand- improving, implementing and safeguarding the design branding bible
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in interior design from an international top tier university
- 5+ years of proven experience in interior design space (preferably residential); entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Demonstrated work experience in design and FF&E sourcing is key to the role
- Software Proficiency to include: AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of 3D rendering software is a plus; Rhino, 3Ds Max, or SketchUp
- Proven track record of rolling out processes to improve workflow and product, and expertise within the interior design industry
- Communicate effectively at a global scale, and to maintain open lines of communication with Design and Supply Chain teams and city General Managers
- Creative thinking to build processes that can be scaled for implementation in 50 cities
- Great communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and with speed
- Entrepreneurial drive, adaptability, and focus on results
- Ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives, bringing together different viewpoints, personalities, goals, and needs, while working with our other global teams to find alignment and growth opportunities
- Analytical and data-driven decision making with focus on aesthetics, space utilization and resource efficiency
- Periodic travel
- Health insurance
- Competitive compensation package, according to experience
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Unlimited vacation+ 15 days paid time off
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations! Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai