Midland , TX 79701
Posted 1 week ago
JOIN DISMAS and work for one of the nation's largest not-for-profit provider's specializing in community based adult re-entry programs. Dismas Charities provides quality, cost effective community based residential and non-residential supervision and treatment services. ENJOY meaningful work, indoor work environment, competitive pay and benefits. Do work that POSITIVELY IMPACTS your community, assisting individuals to heal so they can once again be productive and responsible citizens.
This position is for MALE applicants only.
Shift Schedule: 8:00am
Education and/or Experience
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent and demonstrated ability to work with individuals and groups in both routine and emergency situations. Must have one year of paid work experience.
Monitors the custody, security, control, and maintenance of the facility and residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observes, documents, and ensures the accountability of all residents while within the facility and in the community by enforcing all rules, responsibilities, and restrictions assigned to residents. Provides control and documentation of transactions regarding all money, subsistence, medications, first-aid supplies, mail, visitors, accountability checks, and telephone calls.
Assists with managing program services
- Assists and supports Counselors, with resident programming that may include but not be limited to: installing electronic monitoring equipment, visiting residents in the homes and places of employment; and providing alcohol and urine surveillance testing.
- Conducts and documents scheduled internal and external inspections of the premises to maintain the health, safety and accountability of the residents. Ensures physical plant safety/sanitation standards are maintained.
Maintains Working Knowledge and follows all Procedures and Policies
- Outlined in the Statement of Work, Physical Plant and Operations Manuals. Proficiency in knowledge and operations of emergency drills, life safety, facility sanitation, escapes and unusual occurrence procedures.
- In the event of a work stoppage, works the hours necessary to staff the center. Will accept reassigned shifts without advanced notice. Attend and participate in all required appointments/meetings. Some meetings/appointments may be scheduled off site.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of your work place to include: dusting, polishing, vacuuming, and emptying of trash.
- Additional duties may be assigned by the Director. These Programs operate with the understanding that the Federal or State Contracting Authority and/or Executive Management has the right to modify their operating standards, to include staffing requirements and qualifications, as needed, to ensure quality and continuation of services. These changes may affect your qualifications for continued employment in this specific job category or classification.
Ethics- Upholds organizational values; treats people with respect; works with integrity; maintains confidentiality
Customer service- Manages difficult or emotional situations.
Organizational Support- Maintains accurate and detailed records on residents; follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time.
Communication- Listens and seeks clarification; Writes clearly and informatively.
Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; completes tasks on time and notifies appropriate persons when tasks are not completed. Is consistently on time for work.
Initiative- Self-starter; asks for and offers help when needed.