Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Resident Engineer- Transportation - Houston (3100)
Houston , TX 77001
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Resident Engineer Transportation Projects - Houston
Our Client is seeking a Resident Engineer to join our Houston office. As a part of the Construction Team, the RE will supervise the planning, coordination, and implementation of construction projects. The types of projects vary, ranging from constructing bridges to the development of roads and highways
- 10+ years of construction management and inspection experience for highway and bridge projects
- P.E. Registration in Texas, or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
- A four-year degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree
- TxDOT precertification in construction management categories is a plus
- Excellent computer skills must be proficient in Microsoft Office
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resident Engineers ensure projects adhere to all plans and regulations and that safety measures are appropriately taken.
- Work with the client in oversight of construction change order administration, inspector performance, and resolution of construction issues.
- Support the highway/bridge design teams with constructability reviews of the plans under development.
- Establish an estimated cost and what tools and technologies are appropriate for the job as well as timeframe for the work to be completed.
- Monitor construction progress.
- Supervise construction staff and ensure they're properly trained and certified in the job requirements and use of all equipment.
- Work with lead inspectors in scheduling inspection resources.
- Make sure projects adhere to all government and industry standards and guidelines.
- Prepare and implement construction management QA/QC Plans.
- May be required to work non-standard hours, including some nights and weekends on occasion.
- Implement and maintain document control management systems.
A typical day may take place onsite of the project or in an office preparing for a project.