We are looking for a team oriented, passionate and innovative nurse to join our growing team!
Sign On Bonus Available
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary function of the Resident Care Director is for the overall implementation, delivery and coordination of resident care services at the community.
The Resident Care Director is responsible for the ongoing operations of the nursing department. He/she assists and supports the translation of the assisted living philosophy into nursing practice by participating in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing care delivery system within the assisted living community.
1.Ensures customer needs are met by coordinating and monitoring measures, restorative services, activities, and related support services allowing for respect and dignity of the person.
2.Develops and maintains a service plan for each customer, being attentive to each customer as an individual and in accordance with state assisted living regulations.
3.Monitors and maintains compliance with all state regulations.
4.Monitors the progress and effectiveness of the customer's service plan through written progress note and verbal communication with the customer.
5.Meets regularly with the supportive services, social services, and/or customer to evaluate the service needs.
6.Responsible for departmental employee recruitment and retention.
7.Ultimately responsible for assuring that departmental personnel follow established Community policies and procedures at all times. Evaluates departmental personnel's skill competencies and overall performance evaluations annually.
8.Implements training programs and in-services for all employees in accordance with state assisted living regulations. Maintains record of attendance.
9.Operates/maintains department within budgetary guidelines and authorizes purchasing in the department.
10. Workers collaboratively with all other departments to assure delivery of customer related services.
11. Promotes Full Life Services and provides ongoing wellness programs to customers.
12. Assists in marketing the assisted living community by touring, participating in public relations events, and/or interacting with potential customer referral sources.
13. Implements services during customer move-in, helps customers with orientation to the assisted living community/staff and with their overall adjustment to the assisted living community.
14. Creatively seeks ways to minimize customer turnover allowing for customers to age in place.
15. Assumes management responsibilities in Executive Director's absence.
16. Informs physician and other personnel of changes in a customer's condition and needs.
17. Counsels the customers and their family members in meeting residency standards and health care/psychosocial needs.
18. Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when lifting, bending, and using equipment.
19. Concerns him/herself with the safety of all Community customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire, and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site's fire, safety, and disaster plans and current MSDS.
20. Puts customer service first. Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere and recognizes individuals' needs and rights.
21. Performs all other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. A graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current RN licensure by the State Board of Nursing.2.
Must have a minimum of two years experience working with elders or disabled individuals as well as demonstrated supervisory and management skills.3. Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 303451
Center Name: Clipper Harbor Center
Genesis Healthcare LLC