Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Microbiology
San Diego , CA 92101
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Qpex Biopharma is seeking an experienced, resourceful, hands-on individual to join our Microbiology team in the role of Research Associate/Senior Research Associate.
This position will report to the VP, Biology and will interact with other team members in Pharmacology, Chemistry, Regulatory and Clinical.
Position Summary:Experienced microbiologist who under the supervision of the senior scientist is responsible for conducting various microbiology experiments to support the discovery and development of novel anti-bacterial drugs.
- Design, conduct and analyze in vitro microbiology experiments, including but not limited to: MICs, checkerboard assays, time-kill curves, resistance development, and in vitro pharmacodynamic assays.
- Maintain microbiology strain collection
- Supervise the management of media, laboratory operations and ordering laboratory supplies.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at internal project team meetings is required
- Experience in wide range of microbiological techniques including handling of bacterial cultures and microbiology-related experimentation are required
- Able to operate standard microbiology equipment such as microscopes, spectrophotometers, pH meters, autoclaves, biohazard safety hoods and isolators.
- The candidate must possess ability to write clearly and succinctly.
- Systematic & problem-solving approach to projects.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to conduct experiments and make observations on growing cultures
- Experience in molecular biology and bioinformatics is preferred
- A BS or MS in Microbiology, Molecular Biology or related field with minimum of 5 years in pharmaceutical microbiology
- The successful candidate is self-motivated, shows willingness to take on additional responsibilities and must work with minimum supervision
- The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a dynamic team environment and must multi-task to meet project timelines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision plans, LTD, paid vacation, and a stock plan.