Research Associate Ii/Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology Req #2085
South San Francisco , CA 94080
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. We are combining the precision of gene regulation with the versatility of gene therapies to create breakthrough treatments. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
The Technology team develops and employs cutting edge sequencing-based technologies to discover genetic elements to drive potent and selective AAV expression.
We are recruiting an experienced Research Associate to join our Technology team to not only help conduct and develop numerous assays and experiments in a fast-paced research environment, but also have a significant role in building them from the ground up, including sequencing-based screening technologies that are central to our discovery platform.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology. The ideal candidate is a fast learner who works well across multiple projects in a dynamic environment using a wide range of molecular biology techniques and is interested in having a firm understanding of their underlying principles.
- Perform molecular cloning, construct development and validation
- Contribute to scaling and executing multiple NGS-based assays and screening technologies
- Perform ddPCR, qPCR, sequencing, and reporter-based assays and screening in mammalian cell lines, tissue samples
- Perform in vitro experiments in immortalized and iPS-derived cell lines
- Contribute to cross-functional assay development and other efforts as needed to meet organizational goals
- Perform DNA/RNA and sample processing, PCR, library construction, western blotting, ELISA, primer design
- Conduct and troubleshoot assays and experiments in a research production environment
- Coordinate tasks across multiple projects/technologies and plans, prioritizes, and manages duties to meet organizational goals
- Maintain detailed notes of experimental results, participation and presentation of results at team meetings
- Assist with laboratory housekeeping tasks, including receiving, maintaining and cataloging constructs and reagents
- Comply with all laboratory safety procedures
- Perform additional tasks or assist with special projects as assigned or needed
- B.Sc. in biology or related field with at least 2 or more years prior industry experience
- Experience with general molecular biology techniques and approaches, including molecular cloning methods, PCR/qPCR, and primer design
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of Excel, Graphpad, or other data analysis software
- Strong technical competency, attention to detail, as well as interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills
- Work independently and effectively within team-focused environment to meet objectives under time constraints
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new skills and principles
- Experience writing protocols and maintaining detailed laboratory notebooks
- Ability to adapt to and align with rapidly changing company goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willing to work occasional weekends
- NGS experience
- MSc in biology or related field
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Prior experience with RNA, AAV, and some microscopy skills
- Proficiency with molecular biology software such as Snapgene and Primer3
- Collaborative environment that encourages and rewards learning and scientific curiosity
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events (even remotely through COVID)
- Fully stocked kitchen
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.