Research Animal Technician
South San Francisco , CA 94080
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines with a focus on unlocking the powerful self-renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Surrozen was founded by five leading-edge scientists: K. Christopher Garcia, Ph.D., Roel Nusse, Ph.D. and Calvin Kuo, M.D., Ph.D. from Stanford University; Claudia Janda, Ph.D. from the Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology; and Hans Clevers, M.D, Ph.D. from the Hubrecht Institute and Princess Maxima Center. Each has conducted extensive research on Wnt signaling, with findings that together shape Surrozens technology and approach to therapeutic development.
- Daily health monitoring of research-purpose bred rodents
- Assuming standard animal husbandry role
- Following pre-established procedures
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records
- Maintaining a clean work environment
- Perform basic animal handling procedures (e.g., weighing animals, earmarking for tracking purposes, doing sample collection)
- Previous relevant experience and supporting references
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear, effective verbal communication
- Reliable availability for weekend work
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Shuttle service to/from Cal;train, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry
- State of the art research facility, complete with bowling alley and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove: http://:leasing.covessf.com/toc./cfm
Surrozen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.