Reporting Accounting Manager
KP Recruiting Group
Renton , WA 98055
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are pleased to present the following job opportunity with our client! Take a look and if you meet the requirements please submit your resume and we'll be in touch if you're a good fit!
Ensures that the financial transactions and statements are prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) , tax, other regulatory compliance and with corporate policies and objectives. Designs and maintains effective internal controls and ensures they are adhered to. Ensures that all regulatory reporting requirements are met (monthly, quarterly, annual frequency) and maintains the accuracy, integrity, and timelines of the financial data and reporting for both internal and external audiences. Manage staff through a robust management system that establishes goals, objectives and improvement opportunities. Provides accounting expertise to internal customers throughout the enterprise and serves as a liaison with external agencies and internal departments. Develop and maintain partnerships with operational departments including Membership, Patient Financial Services, Claims, Provider Relations & Contracting, Human Resources, Treasury, Legal, Audit Services, Pharmacy, IT, Purchasing, Actuary, Underwriting and national teams.
- Responsible for the management of financial statement reporting for GAAP, SAP and tax reporting. Leads the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for the enterprise in consolidated and stand-alone reporting formats, including compilation and distribution.Compiles the audited financial statement reports including footnotes for year-end reporting. Manages the accounting for cash, investments, accounts receivable, inventory, property, claims & IBNR, post-retirement liabilities, debt, revenue, expenses, leases, grants, taxes or other related subjects as assigned. Coordinate the efforts of many departments or external parties to initiate, identify, resolve accounting and reporting issues that may impact the financial statements, whether GAAP or SAP basis of reporting.Designs and maintains effective internal controls and ensures they are adhered to.
- Responsible for the management of accounting staff by providing direction and support including preparing the performance agreements that support the objectives and goals of the department and Health Plan of Washington. Recruits, develops, motivates and ensures Financial Accounting staff are properly trained. Manage staff through a robust management system that establishes goals, objectives and improvement opportunities. Provide leadership, motivation and career development. Coordinate activities to effectively achieve objectives established by management.
- Manage internal and external audits of Health Plan of Washington and its subsidiaries.Identify areas of financial reporting risk and control deficiencies and work collaboratively with management/senior management across the enterprise to mitigate issues identified.
- Support other activities as may be assigned, which may include ad hoc projects, complex analysis, process improvements, or representation of Financial Operations on other division, enterprise-wide or strategic initiatives. Develop and maintain partnerships with operational departments including Membership, Patient Financial Services, Claims, Provider Relations & Contracting, Human Resources, Treasury, Legal, Audit Serivces, Pharmacy, IT, Purchasing, Actuary, Underwriting and national teams.
- THIS POSITION WILL MAINLY BE RESPONSIBLE TO MANAGE THE MONTHLY CLOSE PROCESS, FINANCIAL STATEMENTS, ACCOUNT RECONCILIATION PROCESS AND AUDIT WITH A SOLID EMPHASIS ON INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL REPORTING PARTNERING WITH VARIOUS TEAMS BOTH LOCALLY AND WITHIN THE GREATER NATIONAL ORGANIZATION.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience with accounting and financial reporting.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.