Renewable Energy Underwriter - Project Finance
Salt Lake City , UT 84111
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Renewable Energy Underwriter supports our growing bank through analysis of cash flow models, contracts, documents, and engineering information to provide recommendations on lending and investment risk for solar energy projects across the country. The role is ideal for someone with a background in financial modelling and/or project finance, with a focus on energy projects. The following list provides a detailed description of tasks you may experience in this role while working with the renewable energy department:
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Conduct in-depth analysis of financial information and project contracts to form a recommendation of approval or denial for new loans and tax equity investments.
- Build relationships with clients, development team, and third-party providers to gather all necessary information to present an accurate and complete picture of the loan presented.
- Conduct thorough analysis and cross-documentation comparisons to determine project viability during the underwriting and the closing process.
- Minimum of two years of underwriting experience in commercial lending or a related field.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of commercial banking credit policies and procedures, credit/financial statement analysis, loan structuring and cash flow analysis.
- Ability to gain expert proficiency in a specialized product is a must.
- Strong interest in solar industry and structured finance across different states.
- Advanced working knowledge of accounting principles, analytical interpretation of balance sheet and income statement analysis and cash flow.
- Professional experience with project finance.
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life and long-term disability coverage
- HSA and FSA plans
- Holidays and paid time off requests
- Employee Recognition Program
- On-site workout room
- Robust wellness program (were talking catered breakfasts, lunch & learns, fitness trainers, yoga and kickboxing!)
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, Celtic Bank was named the sixth largest SBA lender in the nation in 2020! Celtic Bank is a leading nationwide lender specializing in SBA 7(a), SBA 504, USDA B&I, express loans, asset-based loans, commercial real estate loans and commercial construction loans.
Celtic Bank is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws.
Physical and Other Requirements
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stationary Work: The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to type, handle documents, and perform other office related duties. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Mobility: The employee in this position needs to occasionally move between work sites and inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Communicate: The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and will frequently communicate with others. Must be able to read, write and understand fluent English.