Remote SEO Strategist
Red Hook , NY 12571
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Shero Commerce is seeking an SEO Strategist. Your job will be to manage ecommerce SEO for established brands, with direct responsibility for that clients strategy, execution, and results.
This is a permanently remote position, with option to work on site in our Hudson Valley, NY headquarters for local candidates.
About Shero Commerce
Shero Commerce is a full-service, global eCommerce agency specializing in B2B and B2C technologies. With offices in New York, the UK, Albania, and Finland, we are an international team of eager and driven eCommerce experts. Since 2010, Shero has been building custom eCommerce websites for merchants everywhere, including renowned brands like The New York Times and Primitives By Kathy.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead overall SEO/organic eCommerce strategy for various brands.
- Project management & direct, weekly communication with clients.
- Research personas, keywords, & sales triggers.
- Perform SEO audits. Teach & implement findings.
- Design creative content marketing strategies that achieve your SEO goals.
- Set goals, devise plans, & prove success with data.
- Management & quality control of other team members' activities, including outside content creation, social media, development, link building, & publicity.
- Expect overlap with these common job titles: SEO Consultant, SEO Analyst, Digital Strategist, Content Strategist, & Content Manager.
- 5+ years experience with SEO & content marketing.
- Technical SEO skills: audits, site architecture, experiments, etc.
- Creative SEO skills: keywords, content strategy, linkbait, etc.
- Possess (or acquire) related certifications like Google Analytics, Google Ads, Data Studio, & relevant Search tools.
- Organized, great at deadlines, and leading others to be the same.
- Fantastic at communicating complex ideas simply and kindly.
- Write at a professional level that stays in alignment with Shero or client brand voice.
- Must be able to work Eastern US business hours.
Not Required, but Major Bonuses:
- Bachelor's or higher in a marketing, writing, or tech-related program.
- Experience with servers, cloud computing, DevOps, or other tech topics.
- Experience with data scraping, spreadsheet wizardry, or other productivity hacks.
- Samples of past campaign strategy, execution, and outcomes.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager.
- Experience with building, deploying, and managing GTM datalayers.
- Experience using Screaming Frog SEO, URL Profiler, Ahrefs.com
We offer competitive, market-based compensation. Salary is negotiable and based on experience.
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical & Dental insurance for employees and eligible family members; 50% paid by Shero (after eligibility periods)
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation Days, Sick Days, Holidays, & other leave, with options for floating religious holidays
Eligible after 1 year:
- 401(k) with up to 4% matching contributions
- Additional Paid Vacation Days
- MacBook Pro equipment
- A remote-first company culture with flexible work hours
- Emphasis on professional growth, including paid certifications
- Multicultural team atmosphere, with an emphasis on including and supporting diverse backgrounds and lifestyles
What does Shero offer?
- Support to achieve your goals. We provide training in new skills & technologies, and actively promote peer learning through Code Clubs and skill guilds. We reinvent areas of business constantly (ask us about our AWS & Alexa Voice projects!), and we have the engineering and architectural background to do it well. Simply put, we have the processes in place to support innovative people.
- Limitless room to grow, the way YOU want to. Ecommerce is exploding and Shero is growing quickly. Whether you want to lead a tech team or become a go-to industry expert, we have a place for you at all stages of your career.
- Organic diversity & genuine inclusion. Our team represents a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives. In fact, our co-founders come from different cultures, so its been in our team DNA from Day 1. We go the extra mile to make sure our policies and benefits are flexible, and our compensation is fair and equitable.
Reasonable Accommodations & Equal Opportunity Statement
Shero is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and team members when needed. If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, participate in the hiring process, or fulfill the essential duties of this position, please email our People Department directly.
Shero is an at-will, equal opportunity employer. We're a global team that values diverse experiences across a wide variety of cultures.
Please Note: We regret that we arent able to provide sponsorship for US work visas at this time.