Functions remotely (outside of the downtown Richmond location) to provide customer service coverage within the field. Supports the Client Engagement Center (CEC) and customer experience by providing superior customer service to clients using critical thinking skills and resources provided.
Accurately creates necessary tasks for follow up and resolution. Steps in and acts in all functions (order management, product flow, usage, and credits) on the CEC team as needed and as instructed. Acts as most senior primary client liaison maximizing Customer satisfaction utilizing cross functional knowledge and collaboration as required.
Trained and proficient in all the A/R and Purchasing roles in the event of a business continuity risk to the Richmond CEC location. Has additional customer facing responsibilities including potential visits to on-site locations for key accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Primary Customer Point of Contact
1.Answers incoming inquiries in a professional, courteous and efficient manner; provides superior service to client resulting in high rate of first contact resolution.
2.Acts as an internal champion for the customer experience.
3.Handles all incoming issues and either resolves them or assigns tasks to the appropriate team within the Client Engagement Center or other internal O&M team, using smart customer-focused decision making skills; forwards all non-essential duties to the appropriate support desks (backorders, drop ships, credits).
4.Follows up on all outstanding tasks to ensure completion and provides updates to customer as needed.
5.Anticipates, and where appropriate, mitigates any issues before they can negatively impact the customer experience.
6.Proactively communicates surfaced issues to the Customer in order to address and resolve as quickly as possible.
7.Fully documents all work performed and communications delivered to the customer; uses case management software to appropriately record and track outstanding activities.
8.Understands and prioritizes incoming requests using critical knowledge of healthcare and customer specific needs.
9.Acts as liaison for all client interaction and escalation point as necessary.
10. Triages complex issues, acting as point person to ensure timely resolution.
11. Must learn some cross-functional knowledge of other CEC-team roles.
12. Collaborates directly with other client engagement, purchasing support, and finance operations teammates.
13. Produces and delivers general customer reporting and analytics
14. Collaborates with Distribution Center Operations to solve complex or high priority situations
15. Travels to customer sites as needed to meet directly with customers face-to-face.
16. Accurately enters any orders as needed or as directed by leaders in a timely manner.
17. Accurately records detailed information about the order as requested.
Returns / Credits
18. Accurately records reports of shipping discrepancies, customer requests for return and receipt of unsalable products and opens case in Customer Resource Management (CRM) tool; effectively communicates Owens & Minor's return policy to customers and ensures that customer understands the policy.
19. Processes credits, reships, and returns; obtains Certificate-of-Destruction for items not returned.
20. Sends Return Goods Authorizations (RGAs) and works with Distribution Centers (DC) on need for call tags.
21. Ensures all appropriate fees are accurately assessed in accordance with Owens & Minor's return policy.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Travels to the downtown Richmond CEC location several times per year to meet with their team and to provide subject matter expert training of teammates
2.In the event of a disaster or business continuity risk to the downtown Richmond CEC location, manages a set of critical cross-functional activities outside the scope of their normal day-to-day role; key cross functional activities this role must be trained and prepared to execute include:
a. Process customer expedite requests
b. Request and process IBT or vendor drop ships
c. Backorder reporting
d. Product substitution management
e. Manage special expedited requests (e.g., dialysis products)
f. PO Processing
g. Manually key orders
h. Verify and correct ordering UOM/product/part numbers
i. Review transportation options (call trans vendor)
j. Contact vendor with drop ship information
k. Identify and resolve AR issues affecting product flow (e.g. credit holds)
l. New and lost business management
m. Enter in reported shipping discrepancy
n. Schedule courier shipping
o. Heavy cross functional reporting and analytics
p. Create reship order
q. Order entry management within OMNI
r. Rebatch order if late
s. Works to refine and drive continuous improvement into the CEC business continuity plan
3.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
Seven or more years of Customer Service experience required; knowledge of Health Care industry a plus
Strong understanding of O&M systems, processes, and customers
Customer Service certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Good interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
Ability to thrive in a matrix organization where direction may come from direct manager and/or a process owner
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Solid planning, organizational, and recordkeeping skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team to seek issue resolution and problem solve
Strong follow-up skills
PC/Systems skills & knowledge: MS Office required; ability to quickly learn and utilize enterprise software technologies like Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Resource Management (CRM) Systems; Salesforce.com experience preferred
Ability to use critical thinking in order to determine best course of resolution for a problem
Requires cross-functional awareness and ability to classify/triage customer issues and concerns
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and still perform at a high level
Ability to interact with the customer face to face
Established relationships with O&M customers a plus
Ability to work various shifts
Enabled with all technical requirements to operate as a member of a Client Engagement Team (CET) from a remote location (e.g. telephony, soft phones, VPN, core system access)
Owens & Minor, Inc.