Our client, a leader in the Pharma industry, is looking for Reliability Engineer to join their team.
Provide for the design and implementation of asset management programs including the development of governing SOPs and a process to categorize and prioritize equipment based on a life cycle methodology.
Integrate best demonstrated practice and industry standards into reliability and maintenance programs
Create detailed reliability standard operating procedures that encompass preventative and predictive methodologies and best practices
Create comprehensive maintenance management procedures which include elements such as:
Clear definition of the management process and maintenance strategies
CMMS management equipment classification and risk based analysis
Health and safety policies
Maintenance and repair operations (MRO) management
Project management of equipment modifications and improvements
Quality oversight and client specific requirements
Equipment documentation and change control
Equipment importance level assessments the corresponding failure based risk assessments.
Develop equipment specific preventative maintenance procedures based on risk based analysis and vendor recommendations
Develop new and/or update equipment operating procedures to cover maintenance frequency of new and existing assets.
Define pressure vessel safety requirements and relief device design and specification and maintenance
Develop Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programs and the associated roadmaps and action plans to deploy programs across a facility.
Participate in FAT and commissioning of new or modified equipment.
Develop and implement cost/waste/energy reduction opportunities for equipment and facilitie
BS in Engineering, Science or equivalent technical degree.
2-5 years experience in a regulated, manufacturing environment within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
Experience in the areas of design documentation (URS, FS, DS and other engineering specifications) Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ, PV, CV, CSV, etc.), Quality Systems (Change Control, Non-Conformances, Requalification, etc), and Process Excellence Methodologies (Six-Sigma, Lean, etc.).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent technical writing skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to work effectively in a fast paced multitasking environment.
Strong working knowledge of FDA and cGMP regulations and documentation practices.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Working for multiple clients through out the region.
VIEW JOBS3/17/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-06-15T00:00Overview
Come join the team at Intuit as a Software Engineer in Site Reliability Engineering.
Site Reliability Engineering works to ensure that TurboTax.com, Mint.com and other Intuit products are highly-available, scale without bottlenecks, and offer world-class performance.
The team is looking for full-stack Software Engineers with a passion for optimization and reliability work. If you want to learn how to solve enterprise-scale engineering problems, like automating everything, and making systems that scale and never fail, come see us.
* Designing and developing web applications, backend services, build and test automation, prototyping, and data visualization
* Tuning and testing and making things go faster
* Owning the quality, reliability, and performance of our applications and services, including production on-call support shifts, construction of monitoring solutions, improving deployment automation, etc.
* Automating everything, then do whatever else it takes to make sure our systems are bulletproof and super-fast, such as upgrading existing services with Hystrix or building in canary release automation
* Creating reusable libraries and patterns in an open-source contribution model
* Supporting and coaching other engineers, pair programming or peer reviewing code, helping to ensure that all engineers are growing and part of a community
* Helping us with our mission of getting a pull request to production within 45 minutes while maintaining the highest operational standards
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Experience coding in Java, Python, Go, Kotlin, or C++
* Experience developing applications and services using Kubernetes, Docker, Spring, React, HTML/DOM, CSS, NoSQL Technologies like Cassandra, Dynamo, Redis
* Experience or interest in learning how to make services more robust through usage of Hystrix and circuit breaker patterns
* Experience creating applications that operate in AWS, utilizing native AWS services when appropriate, and building stacks using CloudFormation
* Mastery of collaborative software development using GitHub
* Knowledge of software development methodologies and practices such as Agile/Iterative development, test-driven development
* Reviewable open-source contributions would be a plus
VIEW JOBS3/13/2020 12:00:00 AM2020-06-11T00:00Job Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
This position requires the Public TrustPosition (PTP) Tier 2 Level suitability adjudication. If offered employment, you must be willing to complete and successfully pass the adjudication process. Any employment is contingent upon obtaining the required adjudication.
Work matters. It's where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We're dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That's why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you're an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
ServiceNow is the Enterprise Cloud Company that is changing the way people work. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
None of this would be possible without our people. We have Site Reliability Engineer positions available in our San Diego office for those who want to grow with us. Let's get straight to the point.
* know Linux systems in various levels of diagnostics and troubleshooting?
* write code to automate repetitive tasks every time you have to do manual work?
* smile when you trouble shoot and solve an issue in London from your laptop in San Diego?
* accumulate years of experience in roles like Networking, Software Development or Systems Engineering?
Answer 'yes' to these questions and you are in the front row for a position as SRE at ServiceNow. Go ahead, hit the Apply button and let's have a chat about your skills and experiences.
Want to know more about us?
Now that we have set the pace, keep reading if you want to understand more about ServiceNow as a company and the SRE role.
Let's start with the role
As an Engineer in the SRE team you will:
* Provide relief and sustainable resolution to issues within our infrastructure.
* Use your experience in software development, systems engineering and networking to proactively prevent repeatable issues.
* Drive initiatives with partner teams to improve the reliability and performance of the infrastructure through improved system design.
* Drive a culture of intolerance to manual activity which results in a highly automated environment delivering scalable solutions.
* Deep knowledge of Linux systems.
* Networking skills, IP addressing and routing.
* MySQL database administration, troubleshooting and performance tuning
* Monitoring of large and scalable systems, applications and networks.
* Uncompromising attention to detail.
* Ability to work in shifts that cover one weekend day.
Now a bit about the SRE team
The Site Reliability Engineering team is a group of highly technical engineers who are tasked with maintaining and developing the reliability, scalability and performance of the ServiceNow platform and infrastructure. The SRE is empowered to drive technical resolutions across the technology stack from application through to hardware and all levels in between. The ultimate goal of the SRE is to never have to escalate an issue to an engineering or development team and to completely own the resolution of incidents. They are also tasked with driving forward the operability of the platform to drive down thenumber of incidents while also reducing MTTR.
To accomplish this, the team combines software development, networking and systems engineering expertise, and a strong desire to be challenged by problems of scale and complexity to make our servicebetter for our customers.
And finally ServiceNow as a company
You already know that ServiceNow is changing the way people work. Due to the success of our products we are experiencing growth in virtually all areas of our organization.
To sustain our growth, we are looking for drivers - people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in and stand out.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals with strong aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers/engineers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, yet relaxed, atmosphere.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, or on the basis of disability.
VIEW JOBS3/12/2020 9:21:35 PM2020-06-10T21:21<p>Our client is recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment,&nbsp;with a commitment to delivering superior gaming experiences. Their business division has locations in San Diego, San Francisco, London, and Tokyo. Everyone is committed to delivering an industry-leading, enhanced gaming experience built on imagination, creativity, and the team&rsquo;s profound passion for gaming. Be a part of a company that thrives on the cutting edge of technology and join them in shaping the future of interactive entertainment.</p>
<p>They are looking for a&nbsp;<strong>Sr. Site Reliability Engineer</strong>&nbsp;for their office based in&nbsp;<strong>San Diego, CA</strong>.</p>
<p>As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, your responsibilities include:</p>
<li>Hands-on application management of over 70+ commerce and payment-related services within an AWS cloud environment, ensuring availability, resiliency, scalability and performance.</li>
<li>Iteratively ensure the operational readiness of all services on their commerce platform before introducing them to their pre-production and production environments.</li>
<li>Identify areas for process automation, and develop automated scripts and tools for regular operational activities.</li>
<li>Drive and implement monitoring across their platform to provide enhanced metrics and detailed platform visibility, application health and service performance. Build dedicated alerting into those monitors to alert the team of incidents or anomalies in the production environment.</li>
<li>Collaborate and partner with service, data, system and network engineering teams to inspire changes and ensure optimal application performance and resiliency.</li>
<li>Iteratively lead performance and capacity validation analysis for commerce platform services.</li>
<li>Review platform architecture to influence resiliency and high availability for their services.</li>
<li>Analyze cloud service utilization and efficiency to optimize costs</li>
<li>Provide rotational on-call support where you&rsquo;ll respond, investigate and resolve production incidents.</li>
<li>Conduct, document and present root cause analysis documents to share insights with the broader organization.</li>
<li>BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline.</li>
<li>3 years of relevant work experience in a high-volume and/or critical production, software environment.</li>
<li>2 years hands-on AWS experience &ndash; deploying, supporting, and managing applications</li>
<li>5 years of professional systems or software engineering experience</li>
<li>Experience with building automation into daily operational processes through one or more scripting languages (python, shell, go).</li>
<li>Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning of Java applications.</li>
<li>Experience with monitoring and log management tools (ie: DataDog, CloudWatch, Splunk)</li>
<li>Solid understanding of networking systems and protocols</li>
<li>Experience with automation/configuration management (ie: Jenkins)</li>
<li>Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)</li>
<li>Experience in quality control and validating services in a production environment</li>
Staff Smart, Inc.San DiegoCA