Relationship Manager, Business Banking
Hingham Institution For Savings
Hingham , MA 02043
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Hingham's Specialized Deposit Group (SDG) is looking for a Relationship Manager to take responsibility for some of the Bank's most significant business, institutional, government, and private client banking relationships. You will be responsible for new business development, as well as managing some existing relationships with key customers and their staff. You will be the key point of contact for these customers at Hingham, responsible for handling the full range of their deposit banking needs and coordinating lending or technology support where needed. The SDG is co-located with the Commercial Real Estate Group in Hingham and also works closely with this team to deliver deposit services to commercial borrowers. Although we are almost 200 years old, we have a small, entrepreneurial team - just under 100 people - and we hold each other to high standards.
Hingham prides itself on a flat corporate structure and our bankers are entrusted with considerable responsibility for business development and customer service. The SDG also plays an important role in our ongoing product development and process improvement efforts, aimed at providing a higher level of service to our customers, and may be responsible for identifying, testing, and delivering new products and services for our customers.
Responsibilities- What You'll Get to Do
- Business Development: You will develop new relationships through both individual and team business development activities, with a strong focus on our existing customer verticals (property management, municipalities, commercial real estate, non-profits).It is critical that you enjoy actively prospecting for new business, as this is the heart of the role.
- Manage Existing Relationships: You will serve as the primary banker for a portfolio of some of the Bank's most significant business, institutional, government, not for profit and private client banking relationships. You'll be responsible for coordinating their needs within the Bank, opening and closing accounts as necessary, and handling some of their basic needs relative to our digital products. You'll also be responsible for identifying opportunities to deepen our relationships with these clients through additional deposit/payments business or via our Residential and Commercial Lending Groups.
- Find Problems and Devise Solutions: As we grow alongside our customers, their needs change and our products and services must evolve. You will facilitate delivery of our digital products, including online and mobile banking, payments services (wire, remote deposit capture, ACH, lockbox, and merchant services) in conjunction with our Digital Banking Group and third party vendors. These solutions solve real problems for our customers and it is critical we stay engaged with them to ensure that our products are meeting their needs. We'll also expect you to provide input to our product and process development process over time based on our customers' experience.
Successful candidates should have a strong record of business development or relationship management in a private banking or cash management role. We're also interested in candidates without specific experience in these roles, but with a demonstrated record of accomplishment, energy, curiosity, and self-direction. This might - for instance - be a outstanding recent graduate or MBA with a shorter record of professional experience, but an eagerness to learn.
Requirements- What You'll Bring
- High ethical standards
- Strong analytic skills with an ability to translate business plans and goals
- An ability to effortlessly build relationships with trust and respect
- Strong self-management/drive and a meticulous approach to organization
- Ability to prioritize and differentiate between whats needed versus whats wanted.
- Be adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable with implementing structure
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Do you believe theres always room for improvement? We are constantly trying to improve our internal processes and our customer experience.
- Do you always dot your is and cross your ts? Attention to detail is a must.
- Are you happy to lend a helping hand? We are a small, tight-knit group and at times all wear a number of different hats.
- Are you transparent and do you prefer addressing the elephant in the room? We pride ourselves on being upfront and honest. We do not have the time or energy for corporate politics.
- Do you pick up the ball that someone else may have dropped? We are looking for people that own the company goals beyond just doing their job.
- Are you OK with making a mistake? We are too, as long as we learn from them and dont repeat them.
As a family-run company, we offer an excellent benefits package. Hingham is one of the most profitable banks in the country and our profit-sharing program offers all employees the opportunity to participate in this success.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources (Gym Membership)