Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
University Medical Group
Hillsboro , OR 97123
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position primarily processes and documents transactions on insurance accounts and interacts with insurance companies and agencies in resolution of unpaid balances, refunds and other billing issues.
The position description outlines those Essential Functions of the position that must be performed with or without Reasonable Accommodation.
Representative Essential Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Process transactions on insurance accounts; ensure account is set up correctly, problem resolution, appeals and audit transaction activity
- Communicate professionally with UMG staff and third party customers including departments and insurance companies to ensure timely and accurate processing of account transactions
- Review third party claims (i.e. MVA settlements, workers compensation claims)
- Performing and documenting quality assurance reviews on transactions in department
- Prioritize assigned accounts to maximize aged AR resolution
Secondary Functions may include any or all of the following:
- Trending provider activity and the denials that may arise
- Researching and forwarding documentation for Client Service Analysts (CSAs) to present to department, including updating files with current regulations, policies and procedures
- Promote and implement LEAN processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years experience with billing and collections in a health care environment, including knowledge of HIPAA regulations, procedural and diagnosis codes
- Must be able to work with a diverse team and customer base
- Accurate data entry skills, ability to work with deadlines while remaining calm, flexible and organized
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal and listening skills
- Able to use reason and logic to independently solve problems and to multi-task as needed
- Proficiency with standard office equipment and software such as such as Microsoft Office, knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems
UMG offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including work flex options, medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, 401k with generous employer contribution, outstanding vacation & sick time allowances, 9 paid holidays per year, flexible spending accounts, discounted Tri-Met and C-Tran passes, wellness program and MORE!
If you meet the minimum qualifications and would like to work in an innovative environment, please apply!