Regulatory Engineer - Consumer Electronics (Remote)
Fort Collins , CO 80528
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Location Preference: Colorado, USA (may consider out-of-state)
Schedule: Part-time / full-time available
Remote: Fully Remote (may continue after pandemic clears)
Keywords Studios is hiring a Regulatory Engineer to work with one of our consumer electronics clients.
As an engineer in the team you will work closely with the Regulatory and Environmental compliance team to manage the current compliance procedures while also supporting requests from customers and creating innovative solutions.
- Remain knowledgeable on current and future applicable Safety and Regulatory compliance requirements.
- Determine and integrate compliance requirements, processes, and practices into the development, design, manufacturing, and continuous improvement of products or solutions.
- Give guidance to others on design for compliance during product development. Support ongoing compliance for released product as regulations and requirements changes.
- Maintains and/or guides others on maintaining compliance databases and other tools for tracking compliance
- Analyzes and reviews new product and solution designs and specifications for potential compliance issues; provides tangible feedback and proposes changes to improve product quality and minimize risk of non-compliance
- Reviews reports, test data, and process results for assigned components and subsystems to identify issues, performs analysis, and develop recommendations for resolution
- Performs root cause analysis of customer reported issues, draws conclusions or works with others to reach conclusions, and creates reports on findings
- 2+ years in achieving product Safety and Regulatory Compliance such as UL, TUV or similar national or globally recognized Safety Agencies
- Knowledge of the IEC 60950 safety standard for IT equipment required
- Familiarity with Global Safety and Regulatory Compliance very desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate quality plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
- 16 days of paid time off in a year
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) enrollment option with 3% employer matching