Registered Nurse (Rn), Short Stay Unit
Richmond , VA 23214
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Short Stay Unit (SSU) at Chippenham Hospital.
See why our employees like working at Chippenham Hospital!
As one of the largest facilities in HCA, the nation's largest hospital system, Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Short Stay Unit at Chippenham Hospital includes 11 beds, and the number of patients accommodated can potentially double depending upon volume. The SSU provides targeted care for our patients who require brief hospitalization and discharge as soon as their clinical conditions are resolved. Most patients on the SSU originate in the Emergency Department, with others originating in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab or Same Day Surgery.
The Short Stay Unit Registered Nurse performs care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. The Registered Nurse:
- Provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents all aspects of patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision. Works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- Evaluates patient's signs and symptoms, and records and reports results.
- Sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
- Assists physician during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders.
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes.
- Attend unit meetings as directed by the Nursing Leadership Team and participates in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
- Patient Rights - Works to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treats each patient with dignity and care, and maintains patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS certification (preferred)
- Previous experience in an acute care setting (preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience with demonstrated competency in critical care skills (preferred)