Registered Nurse (Rn) ICU
HCL Global Systems
El Paso , TX 79925
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Registered Nurse (RN) ICU
El Paso, TX 79925
Shift: FT- Days & Nights shifts (Rotating Weekends)
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
- CCRN preferred
- S.T.A.B.L.E. preferred
- NRP preferred
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state. BCLS certified required.
- ACLS upon hire or transfer into unit (Exception: GN must obtain within six (6) months from date of hire or transfer into unit.
- Certifications must be kept current as documented on card.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Must have 2 or more years of RN experience.
- Must have previous critical care experience
- Must be energetic, fast paced environment
- Must be committed to long term work in critical care*
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation. Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partner’s needs.