Registered Nurse (Rn), Hospice On-Call Evenings Mon-Friday Field Nurse
Assisted Home Health & Hospice
Santa Barbara , CA 93101
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who we are:
Are you passionate about home health and hospice care? Do you want to make a difference by providing comfort, compassion, and care to patients and families? We would love to add you to the Assisted Home Health & Hospice Team!We take pride in being home health and hospice agency operated by experienced professionals with extensive clinical, healthcare, and hospitality backgrounds. We enjoy working with those who put the patient and their loved ones first by finding ways to service individual needs. Our "Hands to Help, Hearts to Care" philosophy allows us to empower employees to provide exceptional patient care.Assisted is an exciting place to be right now as we are experiencing tremendous growth and don't plan on slowing down anytime soon! For you this means stability and opportunity for advancement.Come and join an Award winning team of hospice and home health professionals!What you will do:
As a Hospice RN you will deliver holistic, end-of-life care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and you will effectively interact with patients, caregivers, and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing practice.
Who you are:
- Responds to incoming calls from our Call Center staff for after-hours hospice services in a timely manner. Calls the patient, family member and/or caregiver back to gather information in order to address the inquiry or concern.Ascertains the need to conduct a nursing visit to the patients residence.
- Communicates with physicians as needed to obtain orders to manage symptoms of hospice patients. Communicates with care team members as appropriate.
- Exercises good nursing judgment in responding to patient /caregiver questions; advising on how to address patient symptoms and/or other concerns; providing re-education; assessing the patients condition; and identifying a course of action to ensure for patient quality of care.
- Full job description is available upon request
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Licensed to practice as a registered nurse (RN) by the Board of Registered Nursing in the state of California.
- Hospice experience preferred
- Minimum of one year of professional nursing experience within the last 3 years
- Clinically sound/confident in skills and understanding of disease trajectory- Recent acute care experience is preferred
- Has compassion and an approachable personality but also strong enough to be confident and give directions to family and the IDG team
Must have visual and hearing acuity. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Must provide proof of automobile insurance upon hire and at each renewal and maintain a safe driving record. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of the position. To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Assisted are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Assisted also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security. Assisted is an equal opportunity employer.The above job ad identifies the minimal job functions and skills needed by the person or persons applied to this position. This job ad is not intended to be a complete job description and an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, duties, physical demands and skills required.Complete job description is available upon request. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.