Registered Nurse RN - Critical Care Unit
HCL Global Systems
Plano , TX 75075
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Registered Nurse (RN) Critical Care Unit- Plano, TX
- Full Time Days and Nights (rotating weekends)
- Full-Time Nights 7P-7A BIGGEST NEED - Days 7A-7P - ONLY IF SEASONED
The Critical Care RN manages the nursing care to patients admitted to the hospital in an observation status in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current AHA certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS
- BSN required
- Minimum one year hospital ICU or CCU experience required- RECENT EXPERIENCE
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
# of Beds Per Unit: 28 Beds Current CCU = 36 total current w/CCU and Burn Trauma ICU;
- We will open a new 4-story tower in the fall of 2019, adding 90 patient beds including additional operating and recovery rooms and expanding our Medical Surgical, Oncology, Orthopedics and Critical Care services.
- Must have ventilator and drip experience
- Have a 24hr Trauma Surgery Team in the unit
- 58% of their nurses are CCRN certified, 4% Trauma Certified
- Have a pulmonary intensivists, a physician that is in the CCU all the time
- Magnet Hospital, Level 1 Trauma 5/17, Stroke Certified, Cardia Certified and Pallative Care Cert.
- Nurse to patient Ratio: 1:2
- Open hearts 1:1 immediate post op
- Starbucks in lobby x2!!!
Burn Trauma is going from 18 (current) to 30 beds October 2019 (14 Burn, 16 Trauma) and moving to 3rd floor of the new building. CCU will remain 3rd floor North Tower w/adjacent sky bridge
Types of Services
- Level 1 Trauma Facility
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Burn and Reconstructive Center
- Registered Nurse- Critical Care Unit, patient ratio is 1:2 and will see all types of patients- Open Heart, Trauma, Burn, Vascular and Sepsis.
- Required to float through CCU, Burn and Trauma
- Salary range is based on years of experience.
- $4/hr CC/ICU Specialty pay on top of base
- Nights diff= $3.75/hr
- Weekend Diff=$4.30/hr
Sign on bonus available up to $5K and relocation assistance available (greater than 50 miles) up to $3K