Our RNs' assist the clinic clients in addressing health problems; executes physicians orders; diagnose and treats human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case finding, health counseling and provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well being.
1. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing regime for all clinic patients/clients.
2. Executes physicians orders using sound judgment and administers medication as prescribed.
3. Conferences with physicians as necessary when in his/her professional judgment a prescribed medical regime needs interpretation and/or clarification.
4. Records, reports and interprets nursing services and client s responses.
5. Collaborates with appropriate members of the health team to facilitate the highest quality of services.
6. Participates in maintaining standards of nursing practice.
7. Participates in interdisciplinary meetings, which influences or determines policies affecting nursing practice.
8. Triage education of walk-in patients and performs venipuncture as necessary.
9. Updates prenatal log book and follows up on abnormal labs and referrals as necessary.
10. Orders medications, vaccines and medical supplies as needed.
11. Implements specific responsibilities as delegated by the Center Director and Director of Nursing.
12. Maintains nursing competence through participation in continuing professional education and other appropriate learning experience.
13. Facilitates related services for health center patients and CHN staff as appropriate, with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
14. Performs other duties, as assigned.
Currently registered to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State.
Current CPR certificate or plan to attend a CPR training course within six (6) months of employment.
Bilingual Spanish or Creole is a huge plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.