Reno Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Reno , NV 89501
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Reno Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is GROWING... and we need more Nurses to help us guide our patients through their journey of recovery!
As an RN at Reno Behavioral, you will deliver quality general/psychiatric nursing care to patients who are hospitalized for treatment of psychiatric or emotional disorders; to support the hospital and program philosophy of care; to ensure the safety and well-being of each patient.
- Assesses/re-assesses by collecting and analyzing data through a systematic process of interaction with patients, patients significant other, and the appropriate health care providers regarding the patients physical, psychological, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, and anticipated discharge needs.
- Identifies and incorporates each patients unique needs into a comprehensive and individualized care plan.
- Identifies and includes into the care plan of each patient the disease, condition, impairment or disability.
- Evaluates each patients care against the goals and plan of care and revises the care plan periodically, as needed.
- Treats and cares for patients competently and as based on current developmental theories and psychiatric nursing knowledge and standards.
- * Current Nevada RN License
- * Minimum ADN / BSN or equivalent
- * Current CPR certification
- * Able to become CPI certified within 60 days of hire
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrate sound leadership skills
- Ability to organize activities and schedules for medical and/or non-medical tasks for patients.
- Ability to stabilize acute psychotic and non-violent crises by using accepted intervention techniques.
- Basic knowledge of abnormal psychology as typically found in the adult/adolescent psychiatric population helpful
- Familiarity of psycho pharmacy and the use of psychotropic medications with child, adolescent or adult psychiatric population preferred.
We offer a very generous benefits package, which goes into effect the first of the month following just 30 days of
employment! The Full-Time package includes:
- * Health insurance
- * Dental insurance
- * Vision insurance
- * Numerous Life & AD&D Options for employee and family
- * Retirement plan
- * Generous Paid time off plan
- * Tuition reimbursement for Nursing Students
- * Child Care Subsidy
- * Pet Insurance
- * Identity Theft Insurance