Reno Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Reno , NV 89511
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The beautiful Reno Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is GROWING and seeking more Registered Nurses to work in our Intake department to help assess the needs of walk-in and telephone callers, and to ensure their referral to the service or resource to best address those needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responds to telephone and face-to-face inquiries from persons seeking mental health care or information about mental health-related services.
- Conducts screenings or assessments to determine needs of treatment and facilitates the patient's access to the appropriate level of care and setting.
- Assumes responsibility in maintaining a safe, orderly and therapeutic physical environment for all patients.
- Demonstrates good skills in assessing client's crisis and clinical indicators via phone and in-person - documenting such. Prepares written report of assessment results in a timely manner (immediately following completed assessment) and includes recommendations for the level of care and treatment needs.
- Makes appropriate interventions during assessments, and crisis situations with clients, family/friends and other professional staff.
- Assists clients who are not admitted into a program with follow through of clinical referrals and recommendations.
- Provides pertinent clinical information to physician and program staff who will be reviewing the patient, to ensure a smooth transition for the patient.
- Nevada RN License required
- Experience in a Behavioral Health facility strongly preferred
- Ability to deal with crisis and potentially combative patients while maintaining personal and emotional equilibrium
- Knowledge of diagnostic criteria
- Knowledgeable of patient rights and laws pertaining to mental health
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, oral communication, assessment and intervention skills
- Basic personnel management or supervisory skills helpful
Sign on bonus available!
A full benefits package is available the first of the month following just one month of employment!
This package includes Medical (three plans to choose from), Dental (two plans to choose from), Vision, Life Insurance options, including plans for spouse and children, 401(k), Pet Insurance, Identity Theft insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and a very generous PTO plan and more!