Health Care Solutions Services, LLC
Tuscaloosa , AL 35401
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Discipline: RN/Registered Nurse
Specialty: Med Surg/ Acute Care
Shift: Day, Night – 3 x 12-hour shifts/ 36 hours per week or a 3-4 split shift
Length of Assignment: 13 weeks
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide all patient care in a manner that reflects respect for patient rights, dignity, values, culture preferences, and expressed needs;
- Assess patient's physical, psychological, and social needs;
- Assess pain and implement appropriate pain management techniques;
- Develop, implement, and revise care plans that reflect patient's diagnosis and outlined standards of care;
- Involve patients and/or significant others in decisions regarding care;
- Document patient history, symptoms, assessments, tests, and care according to guidelines;
- Review patient history, diagnostics, and lab data, and report any abnormalities;
- Educate patient and family on managing injuries and illnesses to ensure a safe and successful discharge;
- Administer medicine and treatment to patients;
- Demonstrate an awareness of self-responsibility and accountability for own professional practice;
- Identify patients with risk factors, compliance problems, and other special needs, and refer to the discharge planner as appropriate;
- Manage all referral consultations requested by physician;
- May transport patients to hospital and/or collect records and materials for the hospital;
- Comply with unit and hospital dress code;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Graduate of an approved registered nurse program.
- Currently licensed as RN by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- ACLS certification preferred, BLS required.
- Appropriate certification and documentation of special training in special care areas.
- Must pass cardiac exam