Registered Nurse For Ppec
Advanced Care Partners
Port St. Lucie , FL 34953
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The RN provides direct care to Advanced Care Pediatrics center individuals. Such care is provided in accordance with all professional, state and federal requirements.
- Delivers competent and quality care in compliance with physician orders.
- On-going observation and assessment of the individual's condition and needs.
- Takes appropriate action based on patient assessment.
- Documents all individual's care actions in an official record in response to medical needs.
- Identifies in writing individual's responses to treatment, specifically those that are unusual or unexpected.
- Monitors and interprets vital signs.
- Administers medication and evaluates the individuals response to treatment.
- Prepares and administers feedings, as appropriate.
- Administers respiratory treatments (oxygen therapy, CPT, oral/nasal and trach suctioning and pulse oximetry).
- Provides personal hygiene assistance.
- Monitors individual's I and O.
- Assists, collaborates with the interdisciplinary health team with the development of an individual's plan of care.
- Develops individual's goals and desired outcomes.
- Establishes individual's care that is consistent with the medical plan provided by the physician.
- Collaborates in the identification of individual's needs or problems.
- Reinforces individual's and family education for care of the individual.
- Intervenes as appropriate to prevent or reduce individual injury.
- Provides interventions to foster normal development and psychosocial adaptation.
- Maintains the privacy and supports the rights of individuals and their families related to their care.
- Communicates effectively with the family and company staff to provide appropriate individual's information relevant to medical care.
- Works in a collaborative manner with other health care personnel.
- Provides information regarding availability and access to community resources.
- Acts in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act while complying with company policy and procedure.
- Performs work in line with company mission and values.
- Maintains appropriate professional credentials and accepts responsibility for professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have transportation to arrive on time to the Center.
- Ability to stand, lift, or assist in lifting the individual for skilled nursing care, feeding, changing, bathing and emergency response.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat and generally demonstrate flexibility to meet the care needs of the individual.
- Must be able to see with visual and listen with hearing acuity to appropriately monitor the individual and associated medical equipment.
- Must have strength and manual dexterity, including grasping and manipulating small objects, to operate medical equipment appropriately.
- Must be capable of responding to emergency situations.
- Current nursing qualifications to practice in the state of Florida;
- Two or more years of pediatric experience with at least six months experience caring for medically or technology dependent children/individuals;
- Pediatric nursing experience, defined as being responsible for the care of acutely ill or chronically ill children/individuals within the previous 24 months;
- Neonatal, PICU, critical care,including vents, tracheostomies, G-tubes, monitoring, IV and central line care preferred;
- Current CPR certification;
- First Aid certification;
- Evidence of negative TB skin test or chest xray; and
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Continuous Training
- 24/7 Supervisory support
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Awards and Recognition Programs
- Paid- Time Off
ACP is a drug free workplace and follows the Florida Drug-Free Workplace Program.