Regional Sales Manager (Eastern US) - Chicago Or Remote
Simple Mills, Inc.
Chicago , IL 60654
Regional Sales Manager (Eastern US) - Chicago, IL or Remote (Health & Wellness)
Simple Mills is a rapidly-growing Chicago-based company on the forefront of the clean food movement. We are transforming center store grocery aisles with products made from simple, whole food, nutrient dense ingredients. In the companys short history, Simple Mills has become the #1 bestselling natural baking mix, the #1 bestselling natural cracker, and the #2 bestselling natural cookie. The brand is distributed in 16,000+ grocery stores nationally, including but not limited to Whole Foods, Target, Kroger, Meijer, and Albertsons / Safeway.
The companys mission is to enrich lives and bodies through simple, delicious, real foods. We strive to make healthful choices easy by offering food that tastes great in the moment and nourishes your body for the long-term. Were here to positively impact the way food is made because we believe in clean, nutritious foods for a greater life. Its that simple.
We are looking for a high energy, productive, and dynamic Regional Sales Manager to help us sell one of the hottest products in the Health and Wellness vertical. This person will be responsible for working with our broker team to drive top line revenue, new customer acquisition and field execution in their respective region for Simple Mills. The Regional Sales Manager is a quota carrying position and will manage retail accounts geographically located in the East, Broker Relationships and play a key role in the expansion of the Simple Mills brand. This position reports to the Sr Director of Sales.
- Regional Sales Planning Regional market analysis, creation of a strategic ninety (90) day plan and execution against the regional plan through sales quotas, forecasting and business development efforts
- Identify and target key accounts for market penetration. Grow existing business and gain new distribution in strategic accounts.
- Drive velocities by managing promotional process from the planning stage, to development to execution, ensuring all retailers timelines are met and following with post promotional analysis and ROI measurements.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales goals and achieving quarterly KPIs
- Establish and build strong relationships with key retailers within your region
- Effectively train and develop the brokers, motivating and directing them to help achieve overall objectives and in-store execution required by the retailers (ie new item execution, shelving, merchandising, pricing, promotional and sales objectives).
- Plan and execute regional trade shows, festivals and demo opportunities as needed
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of demonstrated success in regional sales, preferably in start-up or CPG industry with Key Account Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with partners at multiple levels within the organization (operations, category/marketing, supply chain, finance, human resources, legal and other functional groups).
- Working knowledge and understanding of Nielsen/IRI/Spins syndicated data.
- Ability to create and present consumer and customer centric sales data internally and to external clients.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
- Experience leading and working successfully with brokers.
- Bring a reputation of high integrity
- You are relentlessly driven, self-motivated and goal-orientated
- You have great listening and problem-solving skills
- You celebrate your success, and the successes of your team even more
- You have industry knowledge, contacts and experience working with external sales broker teams
- You are willing to travel up to 50% (including nights and weekends)
- You will make a huge impact as a key member of an emerging brand thats changing the way we eat and facing explosive growth
- Working with a unified group of passionate team members that are driven by healthy food that tastes good and fuels your body
- Integrating into a company that is passionate about its people and their development, with consistent in-office classes and trainings
- Employee benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA/DCA account options, Commuter Reimbursement Plan, and a 401(k) plan
We are seeking high-energy individuals who are motivated by challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a desire to make a positive impact on the food industry. Compensation will be competitive for the ideal candidate. The position is for an immediate start in Chicago. Cover letter:
We would like to know why you want to join Simple Mills, any relevant skills for the position, what foods we would find in your house if we paid you a surprise visit, and two food brands you admire most (and why).
Simple Mills is an Equal Opportunity Employer.