Regional Sales Manager Biological Wastewater Treatment For F&B In North America
Houston , TX 77041
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position is primarily responsible for growing, directing, managing, and coordinating Sales and Marketing activities in regions of the United States and Canada with a focus on the expanded Food & Beverage market by working with internal sales personnel and outside sales representatives, distributors, channel partners to ensure response to customer requests to build a balanced pipeline of projects for the overall business in the region, working closely with marketing personnel to develop sales and marketing tools, coordinating with engineering, procurement, manufacturing and accounting functions to provide effective customer service.
- The ideal candidate is a hunter and maintains heavy a schedule of direct contact with Consultants, End-users, Representatives and distributors, identified key accounts, and prospective clients.
- Identifies projects in the region and works directly or with the rep network to develop them in early stages to ensure Headworks is the preferred supplier in the specifications.
- Plans and manages the sales efforts
- Experience with preparing and submitting detailed customized proposals.
- Makes sales calls and conducts Technical Sales Presentations to engineers, end users, and decision makers in the region. Represents Headworks at industry conferences. Prepares and presents papers at such conferences.
- Identifies Representatives, Engineers, Customers and Prospects, Executive Management or Technical Support to which he should make a field visit. Prepares a briefing document and proposed itinerary.
- Attends trade shows based on selected increased market potential.
- Recruits (or replaces), and trains Manufacturers Representatives, channel partners on product knowledge and effective sales techniques to promote greater sales and profitability.
- Confers with the Sr. Management on sales policies, product revisions and pricing changes.
- Keeps Sr. Management abreast of market changes and potential new sales leads via reports and close communication.
- Plans/maintains accurate records of travel, meetings, telephone calls, proposals and sales. Ensures all information is accurately documented in CRM and on the server.
- Assists in the development of corporate sales plans, forecasts and marketing plans.
- Reviews project specifications and bid forms to ensure Headworks is offering a technically compliant and commercially competitive offer for all bids.
- Follows-up bids until awarded or lost to ensure HW is well positioned to closeout all opportunities.
- Knows our ISO Quality Management System and utilizes it to enhance the quality of Headworks products and services.
- Incorporates safety in all facets of work including the safety of the users of Headworks products.
- Willingness for 50 - 75% travel in North America.
- Ability to work in a high-energy environment with minimal direction and supervision.
- High general mechanical aptitude, with creative ability to overcome both design and scheduling challenges.
- 5-year degree (biological wastewater, chemistry, environmental science preferred).
- 5+ years in a direct sales position selling wastewater related capital goods to the F&B industrial clients requiring biological wastewater treatment. Breweries, Distilleries, Wineries, Dairies, Meat and Cheese Processing, Chicken processing, etc. Other industry experience a plus
- Experience with anaerobic technologies, waste to energy, biogas upgrading a plus
- Experience working with Manufacturers Representative organizations.
- Self-disciplined and possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team player committed to working with a team of highly motivated sales personnel.
- Must be an excellent negotiator and able to close on major sales.
- Additional language skills, especially in Spanish a plus.
- Job location is preferably in Houston, Texas
- Unlimited work permit for the US a must
What do our jobs offer?
Headworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our job openings provide opportunities to be part of a team that works directly in providing award-winning, innovative technologies to clean the world's second most precious resource - water; competitive reward structures; exposure to Best-in-Class technologies; on-going career development; one of the most diverse business environments in the United States as acknowledged by DiversityBusiness.Com; and one of Houston's Top Ten Places to Work as awarded by the Houston Business Journal.