It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and excellent customer service.
Baptist Health Medical Group- Louisville location
Weekly Hours: 40
Status: Full Time
Shift: First Shift
The Medical Records Referral Clerk is responsible for contacting insurance companies, recording, entering, logging, scanning, and filing referrals as needed. This position makes appointments and assists reception staff, clinical staff, and physician staff. Also responsible for scheduling tests and obtaining all precertifications as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1.Contact insurance companies to notify them of referrals to specialists, pre-certs for diagnostic testing, referrals to ICC & ER, referrals for OPT surgery, referrals for therapy, ambulance, and alternative treatments such as pain blocks, chiropractic services, etc. Obtain pre-certs required for testing, hospital admissions, etc.
2.Refer patients to participation providers and facilities within their insurance network. Make patient appointments as needed. Give information to patient when present or call patient with information.
3.Refer patient to appropriate behavioral health and substance abuse counselor.
4.Keep BMA Jeffersontown II informed of referrals and notification policies by reviewing information either mailed, faxed, or online directly from the insurance company.
5.Mail hard copies of referrals to patient, insurance, and specialist or facility. Fax copies as needed.
6.Record referrals in computer, log book, and file or scan hard copies for our records.
7.Search insurance company website to locate participating providers and facilities.
8.Take phone calls from 8am 4:30pm from patients, specialists, ER, etc. concerning referrals.
9.Organize all provider listing sheets received from each insurance company.
10. Use automated referral lines to obtain referrals when needed.
11. Obtain occasional appeals if needed.
12. Scan medical records, scan labs (Quest) into Greenway for patient electronic charts. Scan all patient referrals into Greenway on a monthly basis. Since scanning is a daily function of this job, the person will have to know how to use a scanner. This does include having the knowledge of the functions and setting on the equipment.
13. Use Word programs from time to time for letters and/or appeals if needed. Person will have to know how to use Word programs.
14. Fill in for reception duties when needed. Works reception desk every Wednesday from 4:30pm until close. Close office and balance money bag.
15. Scan medical records, patient charts, etc. on a P/T basis. Works approximately two nights per week scanning patient charts.
16. Adhere to confidential policies at all times with patient referrals and medical information. Patient personal and medical information is not to be discussed with any other patient or any personnel for gossip purposes.
17. Work one-on-one with each physician and maintain a friendly business attitude at all times. Listen to what the physician is saying or requesting. When a physician asks a question or needs any information, this will have to be done as soon as possible to keep anyone from waiting within our busy practice.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
High school diploma preferred.
Medical Office experience required.
Familiar with CPT and ICD codes.
Computer operation, basic business office skills, and telephone operation.
High degree of accuracy in decision and workload required.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Baptist Healthcare System, Inc.